Recent content by Dark_Eyes_

1. D

Post [APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

@M66B, lately I've been wishing for a way to quickly access the replied/forwarded (sent) message of an inbox/archive message. I thought maybe it would be possible by clicking on the replied/forwarded icon on the message header? Problem is there might be more than one, but it could by like a...
  2. D

Post [APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

@M66B there is a small cosmetic bug on the display tab, the "Light themes only" should be under the beige background option, not the shadow one. Really minor but could lead to questions.
  3. D

Cool, it seems to work fine, and cool, a Raspberry Pi !
  4. D

I mean, the message isn't moved at all because it isn't read. Its a bit confusing, even more when not threading, because you select "archive after sent" but nothing happens because the message wasn't read in the first place. I think the conscious choice of selecting "archive after sent" should...
  5. D

I agree, I myself have disabled the mark read on expanding, but I also have auto-mark read on move. With those settings, the auto-archive feature is useless, even if I willingly chose to move that particular message to archive on send. Maybe the auto-mark read on move should be taken into account?
  6. D

@M66B about the auto-archive feature on send, I think the message that is being replied/forwarded should be archived and mark read no matter if it was read or not in the first place. Logically, if you reply/forward a message, you obviously have read it and are willing to move it to archive since...
  7. D

I agree, I keep all my personal mail which accounts for about 20% of total traffic. Of the 80% work mail, 90% ends up in the trash because I have no use for it later (information that I've read, questions from coworker, etc.). But that's my personal use case and I understand if you don't want to...
  8. D

How about the option to trash on sent too? Most of the time I end up trashing the original mail rather than archiving it (for example questions from coworkers I don't need to keep)?
  9. D

I think the default accent color really comes down to what you, the developer, likes best. It's easy enough to try them all and decide what you prefer. I do think though that it should "Follow system" by default for the light/dark theme. For the sake of it, I use dark grey :)
  10. D

I like to think things through, I guess it's my physicist background :), but you are clearly a couple steps ahead so I apologize if I'm slowing you down. What I question really is the usefulness of the Classify new messages in this folder. If I understand correctly, this serves 2 purposes, 1)...
  11. D

I agree. It's not easy to make, but the easiest thing for the end user would be for example to have only one switch in Spam, which should automatically turn on listening mode for both Inbox and Spam and allow classified messages to be moved in the Spam folder. Classification in the Inbox appears...
  12. D

Thanks, it makes sense. In this case maybe it should always be on and disabled (no user action possible) in Inbox and Spam, because turning it off will hinder the classification? Or hidden completely for that matter. People might think (I did at some point) that there are 2 options, one to move...
  13. D

@M66B if I remember correctly, messages won't be classified out of the Spam folder. If that's really the case, maybe the option to classify messages should be hidden in the Spam folder options to avoid confusion?
  14. D

@M66B, I saw in the commit history that classification was a pro feature at some point and now it's free. I believe it really is a premium feature and could easily be made a pro feature again. Even local spam folder should be pro IMHO. Anyway, just my 2 cents :)
  15. D

Thanks for letting me know, it was on my to-do list to check tonight. Very disappointing, can't believe we will have to wait for Android 12!