• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by dburckh

1. D

Post Nvidia has PAUSED OREO UPDATE for Shield TV!

I was one of the people with "a few issues" I updated mine last night and now I can't get past the Android boot screen (the 4 animated circles). Waited for 2 hours. I'm hoping I can get it into fastboot and FDR it.
  2. D

Post USB Issues with Oreo 8.1

Sweet! That fixed my issue. Flipping bazaar, but it's working!
  3. D

It would seem so. I will probably try to talk them out of it. I would rather have them escalate a fix.
  4. D

Motorola just replied to my support request saying that they are going to replace my phone! I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
  5. D

Factory Data Reset did not fix it. Guess we are hosed unless somebody finds a work-around.
  6. D

Thread USB Issues with Oreo 8.1

Just got the Oreo 8.1 update on my Project Fi Moto X4 (Motorola Version: OPW28.46-13). The phone does not show up in Windows anymore. No MTP, no ADB. It does charge. I've tried it on two different PCs. It was working seconds before applying the update. The cable does work properly with an...
  7. D

Post Poor Reception

So, what's interesting is that the phone does not list 1700/2100, which is T-Mobile (In Denver). It only lists 1900 (AT&T). Could that be part of the problem? FYI: It's *#*#4636#*#*
  8. D

Post [app]Nexus 7 External Flash Picture Viewer & Media Streamer

You should be able to stream from the Videos screen by pressing the Play (triangle) button. If the video file type is not natively supported by Android (e.g. MKV, AVI), you may need a third party player. For further support, please contact me via the Help screen by tapping Homesoft
  9. D

My Vista box did not have it either. I'll add it to post 299.
  10. D

See Post 299 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48377689&postcount=299
  11. D

I just added the spin down command on disconnect. It works well with my WD, but I need to test it with other drives. Strange, it only seems to work on WD drives. My Seagate just ignored it. Flash drives ignore it, but that makes sense.
  12. D

Disconnect from the menu.
  13. D

Post Android 4.3 Nexus Media Importer

Normally you would get a message, but I assume you have ES Explorer installed. It has a "feature" where it claims support for every stream. Since you didn't have anything else that supported that stream type, it started downloading it. Yeah, AVI and MKV are not natively supported by Android...
  14. D

Post [HOWTO] Write to media card (secondary storage) from an app under Android 4.4 KitKat

I just got 4.4.2 on m G Tab 8.3. I can't do a File.mkdir(), but I could do it from the command line. I could also do a cp. Maybe they are doing a Runtime.exec()? Update. Just tried that. Did not work, permission denied. Weird that that shell user can, but an app user can't.
  15. D

My best guess is the video is not muxed right. If it's an MP4/M4V, the util in this post should fix it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48377689&postcount=299 If it's an MKV, you can try running it through MKVMerge (GUI).