• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by derf elot

1. D

Post [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

I can only explain the sdcard issues with the Samsung update to their sdfat driver - which is basically our exfat driver. I will roll back from 2.4.5 to 2.3.0 for the time being.
  2. D

In theory yes, you can conitnue to use lineage-18.1 branch for the kernel in the meantime. I say in theory because there will be a change soon with building the modules into the kernel, which requires a change in the init files. So either you should revert that change in the kernel, or pick the...
  3. D

Post [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.0 [2021-01-17]

did you by any chance select the option to update the built-in recovery with system updates? it might be tgatbwhat you are seeing there is the LOS recovery, which is currently broken, that replaced twrp. i have also fixed los recovery since then, so that black screen at least shouldn't happen...
  4. D

i was referring to the issue of not being able to boot into recovery. as for why the system isn't booting, obviously something during the flash was not done right, seeing as I myself upgraded 2 different devices from los17.1 without a problem and a clean flash also works without issues both for...
  5. D

have you tried just reflashing the recovery?
  6. D

yes. that being said, if you value your data, it doesn't hurt to make a backup - I only back up data from within ROM with TB. also, a backup is not really a backup unless you've also gone through the restoration process once and confirm it works ;)
  7. D

For me it worked fine flashing in this order: 1) 18.1 (2.0) 2) opengapps 11 beta 3) magisk 21.4 (was still on an older release) 4) possibly wiped cache/dalvik but can't remember 4) reboot & profit I also linked a new twrp build some posts back you could flash first.
  8. D

in theory they should. if this is really the case though I can't say. i never tested this myself. i rather to a backup from within the rom these days using TB (seedvault is also a built-in option now). there is also the added complication of google changing how keys are generated between...
  9. D

see if you have access to the files from twrp. if not, maybe from adb with root. then you could at least transfer the files and format again.
  10. D

no, that's probably not possible, since it's probably in the bootloader. It has also always bothered me when turning on/rebooting the phone in the dark but i don't think there is anything we can do about it.
  11. D

encryption is done by default. but if you dont set a pin/pattern for lockscreen, it should use the default key to decrypt. so if you don't have those set, try to set a pin for lockscreen, reboot to twrp and see if it decrypts then when entering the pin. then remove the pin again and hopefully it...
  12. D

is it just wifi or also the radio that is dropping? there can be several reasons for that. for one, in xperia settings make sure that the customizationselector has selected the right modem for your operator. if that is the case, we have a workaround for these situations with the...
  13. D

i used these (pico) and they worked fine https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/20210110/
  14. D

on one device I did upgrade to the new one, on another I didn't. so for flashing the ROM it didn't make a difference. for triggering the automatic magisk update via addon.d script, the new one might be required, but I'm not sure. you can try those steps, but not sure it will help.