• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by DiDGR8

1. DiDGR8

Post Flash Official Frmware Moto X4 - PAYTON_OPW27.57-40

Is there any particular reason you don't flash the b side /system with the four sparsechunk images with "mfastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0" (and 1,2,3)? Edit: I notice it's not in the flashfile.xml or servicefile.xml scripts either. I wonder why they included the...
  2. DiDGR8

Post moto X4 firmware stock 7.1.1

The key word is "potentially". We have ONE security update to go by, so it's a limited sample size but... Some Android One users got it about a week before some Retail Version users. Some A1 users got it AFTER the Retail users started getting it. So the difference is insignificant so far. It's...
  3. DiDGR8

Post How to reinstall the firmware stock on the moto x4?

Nobody's got a link to the Android One version. The Retail one works fine with Project Fi (if you were wondering).
  4. DiDGR8

Post ROOT METHODS for MOTO X4 [7.1.1/8.0]

I bet it would, but I'm not gonna try it and see. I was just glad to get the November security update (and get rid of the "Update Available" popups). I'm going to sit things out for a while and let the dust settle. Once we have an Android One factory image, TWRP, and maybe Oreo; then maybe I'll...
  5. DiDGR8

Maybe I tried it too soon last month, but when I restored that image and relocked the boot loader, I never got offered the OTA update because it didn't think I was an Android One phone anymore. So i went back to rooted Fi. Does anyone know if the retail phones are getting that now?
  6. DiDGR8

But you ARE getting the OTA updates? AND they apply correctly? AND you were (at one time) rooted?
  7. DiDGR8

Thread Motorola Black Friday Discount in the US

I just got an email telling me you can get $60 off the X4 Retail version ($340). There are some other discounts (in the cart) from THIS AD
  8. DiDGR8

Post Wireless charging available?

They wouldn't disable it, but they might not include the additional hardware needed for cost reasons. If there's a plug point and room in the case for a coil, 3rd party chargers are POSSIBLE (but not PROBABLE)
  9. DiDGR8

Post Flash Android One (Project Fi) to regular Moto x4?

There's plenty of interest, but right now we've only got a couple of people working on it and mightysween seems pretty sharp. He's our best hope right now.
  10. DiDGR8

Post Moto X4 Models (NO Bootloader Unlocking)

From what we've been able to discern from testing is just the opposite of what the CS agent told you. The Amazon version is the one you can't unlock the bootloader (probably because they are afraid you can disable the lock screen ads that way). Nobody's paid Amazon yet to remove them (apparently...
  11. DiDGR8

Post Wireless charging available?

Well, Motorola does have some "undocumented hardware features". There IS a small white LED that responds to "notification LED" commands hidden between selfie flash and the front speaker grill. Until someone like iFixit tears an X4 down, I won't say that it CAN'T wireless charge (just that it...
  12. DiDGR8

Post Flash Android One (Project Fi) to regular Moto x4?

I don't think you'll ever be able to apply Android One Updates to a Retail model phone (even with root and/or custom recoveries). They are just too different in some basic /system features. In fact, right now; just rooting the phone screws up your ability to apply the updates for the Android One...
  13. DiDGR8

Post BUILD RESOURCES: partition, device tree, kernel, vendor/blobs, etc.

The modified boot img seems to be hard failing to function correctly. The un-modified one seems to be working, but "soft" failing. I've kind of decided that they just run a checksum on the system.img but I don't have any evidence. I don't know anybody having trouble that hasn't rooted and root...
  14. DiDGR8

Post BUILD RESOURCES: partition, device tree, kernel, vendor/blobs, etc.

It's either that or the bootloader flag. Those are the only two changes weve made to the A1 image. I really dont want it to be the blflag changing from 0 (oem relocking changes it back to 1 not 0) that's preventing the OTAs.
  15. DiDGR8

Post moto X4 firmware stock 7.1.1

I THINK the main difference between the retail and the Amazon versions is the lock screen ads (and the bootloader can't be unlocked). Since Amazon will allow you to pay to bypass the lockscreen ads, maybe someone paid the ransom and got an unlock code. I don't know though, really. Just WAG.