• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by DJFliX

1. D

Post 4K option or forced 1080p?

For the XZ Premium apparently the following would have worked: In an ADB shell: wm size 2160×3840 wm density 820 In my case the wb size command gives me: Error: bad size 2160×3840 Probably we need another resolution
  2. D

Post LiveView reverse-engineering effort

I know I'm royally necroing this thread, but I believe I have a good reason: Today I've started on my NodeJS implementation of the LiveView server code. This means that I can now connect to the LiveView and decode most of it's messages. There is still plenty of work to do, but at least showing...
  3. D

Post [FTF] Android Nougat Preview 4 NPD56N {Update 16/06}

Thanks for this post! I searched for this option, but I cannot find it. Did you mean "Mobile data always active: or "Aggressive Wi-Fi to Mobile handover"? :confused: I attached a screenshot with the options I see, maybe you can point me in the right direction :)
  4. D

Post Screen Mirroring from Xperia Z to Roku 3?

Hi! I was just testing yesterday with a Philips 7800 series 4K tv and found that the same error occurred. I have used my Xperia Z in the past with a D-Link MainStage DHD-131 and it worked successfully (when my phone was running 4.3). Now with 4.4 it connects sporadically but it won't display...
  5. D

Post Sony SBH20 little review

Since the 4.4 Update I have the issue that volume control is synced between the SBH20 and Android Volume. The only problem is that the SBH20 has only a few steps (i believe 7) of volume, which are either too loud, or not loud enough to my liking. Am I the only one having this problem? Or is...
  6. D

Post [Q] Google Play Services/Now Battery drain observations

So the amount of battery drain has lowered significantly, but it is still there. I attached a screenshot from before the change and a screenshot from after.
  7. D

Post Fixing Google play services battery drain

Toggling 'Location reporting' also toggles location reporting to Google Device Manager I guess.
  8. D

Post Fixing Google play services battery drain

I believe that you did not fully understand what the OP has stated in his first post. I think he might be on to something. I'm going to test it on my phone and (if I don't forget) I will report back. Turning off location for ADM would actually be a better solution for me than turning off...
  9. D

Post [Q] Google Play Services/Now Battery drain observations

I did a factory reset and have the problem.
  10. D

Post Stock App File Manager

I didn't have a file manager in my stock rom. I do miss a Sony file manager that blends in with the rest of the UI... What region of rom did you have? Was it a branded rom or generic?
  11. D

Post [ROM][XZ][05/07]KA02 Xperia Z Radioactive™|Honami Rom!! fast & smooth

I have the same problem. Mega tells me there is a temporary problem...
  12. D

Post DIY quick charge system

My dock is finished (or at least, it works and I don't feel the need to finish it right now. I might finish the dock as soon as I have finished my midterms. Pictures of the progress are in here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201308270929170.1073741827.1244667070&type=1&l=183a3b896d
  13. D

Post DIY quick charge system

I am currently making my own... When I have more time I'll finish it :D To watch the progress please check this URL to the photo album where I post progress :P. I will add photo here and a link to the complete album every time the dock progresses. I have made a dock connector but I haven't...
  14. D

Post [MOD] exFAT support for Xperia Z(non-Japanese verisons)

Interesting. Maybe next time you post that something isn't working you could post - What the 'newest version is' - What isn't working I believe that most of the people have it working on the 10.1.A..434, and I believe that to be the newest firmware. You probably haven't followed the guide...
  15. D

Post Screen mirroring to Linux

This is some kind of adb hackary over usb. I think the TS wants to use the Xperia Screen Mirroring function. This uses Miracast (Intel WiDi 3.5). As far as I know there aren't any released Miracast Receiver applications. Searching for Miracast will help you understand what is needed for wireless...