• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by djmcfar

1. D

Post [APP][ROOT][5.0+][1st Nov 2020] Migrate - custom ROM migration tool

A work-around for this - (when the backup is successful) 1) go into the Migrate Helper app (helper.apk) "preferences" to locate the setting for "Specify path to migrate_cache" . 2) Using a root file explorer, go to that path, and you find a folder for each of the apps that you backed up. 3)...
  2. D

Post [MULTIPLE_ROMS_+_RECOVERIES][UNOFFICIAL][Android-11] beyond0qlte

@PizzaG Although I have rooted a few phones before, I have never installed a custom ROM, so I'd like to ask a few questions with regard to my rooted Android 10 S10e Snapdragon. These questions will probably seem dumb to you, but I'm a newbie at this... (1) Will the boot loader remain unlocked...
  3. D

Post [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10e (Snapdragon)

@afaneh92 Turns out there was more to it than just being quick. I got the correct procedure from the mods on the unlocked snapdragon channel on telegram and it worked like a charm. Sorry for bothering you, I should have gone there to begin with - my bad.
  4. D

@afaneh92 I think that you misunderstood me - your key combo method works for me to bring up recovery ! Thing is, it's not TWRP :( I know how to boot TWRP image on other device that have fastboot support, but the S10e doesn't have it. Do you know of any way to run the TWRP image other than...
  5. D

@afaneh92 Your key combination instructions worked, but the same recovery screen came up, so I went to the TWRP website and got the most recent snapdragon version and burned that, and tried again (using the key combination), but the same recovery screen came up as shown above. I've included the...
  6. D

@afaneh92 - on step 6, it doesn't bring up TWRP, instead I get the screen shown below. The TWRP version that I burned into AP with Odin successfully on the s10e snapdragon was twrp-3.5.2_9-1_afaneh92-R-beyond0qlte.tar (the latest version from your link above - April 2021). I used "adb reboot...
  7. D

Post [MULTIPLE_ROMS_+_RECOVERIES][UNOFFICIAL][Android-11] beyond0qlte

@PizzaG - pardon me for not knowing, but I wasn't familiar with the file structure in the ROM zips. I'm used to seeing the AP_*, BL_*, CP_* etc type of files for flashing with Odin, and partition name-prefixed files when flashing with fastboot. Is TWRP the method of installing these ? Thanks.
  8. D

@afaneh92 - I haven't been able to find an AVB disabler tar - could you help with that ? Thanks.
  9. D

Post [ROM][SOFIAP][11][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS][VANILLA] ArrowOS

Thanks @Beetle84 and thank you for the awesome work that you do on these custom ROMs !
  10. D

Post Guide to root motorola g stylus

Sorry for the question - I just found the 11 based threads (having a DUH moment LOL)
  11. D

Post [ROM][SOFIAP][11][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS][VANILLA] ArrowOS

@Beetle84 For the Evo download, can we use the same installation instructions that you provided here for Arrow ?
  12. D

Thanks @Vampire Lord . I verified it with that tool and by using some apps that require root, so then I started looking for custom ROMs supporting the phone and Android 11, but found that there currently aren't any. It would be awesome to get RR for A11, or Lineage (it would be cool to try any...
  13. D

Magisk version 23 (what I am using) contains the functionality of the manager. Feeling pretty stupid here as I missed the line by the author which clearly states "Magisk Manager is dead." with an explanation below it. Duh on me !