• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by doeternietoe

1. D

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Would running Lygisk instead of Magisk also provide the possibility to disable (faulty) Magisk modules from recovery?
  2. D

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RAMDISK][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

So I tried to update with the .zip file provided by LineageOS-microg. Signature verification failed, as expected, but after that I got a "ERROR: packages.xml not found. Exiting..." message. The migration file seems to have done nothing and I've decided to just update with the latest unofficial...
  3. D

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RAMDISK][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Allright, in that case, I'll probably try to migrate as soon as I have enough spare time to reinstall in case it should go wrong (I expect it won't, but just in case).
  4. D

I've been thinking of migrating to this particular build for some time, so thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have microg / magisk / signature spoofing as part of your old install? And did you disable those before migrating?
  5. D

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Well, that's a clear answer and I think many of us have experienced that TWRP can be buggy on this and other devices. Still, I was very fond of the option to access the encrypted internal memory from recovery. One reason for this is the option to disable Magisk modules from recovery to fix...
  6. D

I suppose discussion on this ROM will move to the other thread, but I 'd just like to say that I very much appreciate that Linux4 also provides updates for those of us haven't had the time to move to the official variant. I'll probably migrate in the future, but for the meantime this is great.
  7. D

Hi, Just installed this ROM and it all looks great. Thanks, Linux4 ! I use Magisk and microG. I can confirm that signature spoofing following the guide mentioned by flortsch works fine. The guide tells you to use Linux, but with powershell (I expect cmd would also work), 7zip and a little bit...
  8. D

Post [ROM][EXYNOS] LineageOS 18.1 for S10e|S10|S10+ - v2.2 (UPDATE: 2021-07-23)

I'm not _really_ all that keen to format and install another build. Actually, I'd be quite happy to just have security updates on the 17.1 branch. Very happy with the work by lakkimsetty.baba. I'm quite busy at the moment and I can't afford the risk of having my phone softbricked (it probably...
  9. D

As fishnetfancy has no doubt discovered by now, quite a number of people have recently experienced problems with TWRP reading encryption after an update of this ROM. I also had problems, and I can confirm that the recovery uploaded by lakkimsetty.baba does in fact solve the problem for me...
  10. D

I can see your point and I can't deny that I've been checking for updates every few days for the last two weeks. That being said, please consider: - After roughly one month of silence you can hardly call this project "abandoned". (yes, I know, you're not saying it is abandoned, you're speaking...
  11. D

Back when I installed BETA2 of this ROM I did a full wipe, but since then I've always just flashed the new ROMS, without doing a full wipe. This is how the ROMS are meant to be used and until very recently every single update worked as expected. It's only now that I find TWRP data decryption is...
  12. D

Your problem with twrp not being able to decrypt data and not even asking for a password sounds a lot like a problem I posted about in this thread and the twrp thread earlier. I don't have any solution, but your problem doesn't seem to be an isolated one. As for the front camera, I have updated...
  13. D

Yes, your half right. I've just flashed the new ROM and it works fine. All the same, I spent a lot more time making a proper backup with other tools before doing so. Also, I wanted to update some Magisk modules and had to do so with the knowledge that if my phone went into a bootloop I could...
  14. D

Post [RECOVERY][EXYNOS] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for S10e|S10|S10+ (UPDATE: 2021-06-07)

I've been posting in the LineageOS 17.1 thread, along with sappounet on a problem I have with twrp and which possibly relates to this. In short: I have the latest version (3.4.0-0-android-10.0-beyond0lte-3) installed since august. I've used it regularly to update my ROM and backup my data. When...
  15. D

https://twrp.me/faq/openrecoveryscript.html From adb I ran: twrp decrypt ***password*** Result: Attempting to decrypt data partition or user data via command line. Failed to decrypt data.