• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by dohanin

1. D

Post Question How to adjust ear speaker volume?

It's fixed in firmware 30.12.112.22 :)
  2. D

Post Banks app detects root after update v18.0 (with Magisk Hide and hidden Manager)

You may not need to delete the Magisk app, but just disabling it before running the HSBC apps. It works for me.
  3. D

Thread Question How to adjust ear speaker volume?

When I hold the phone up to my ear and listen to voice messages in Whatsapp, it correctly play audio through the ear speaker. But the volume is just too loud and I've found no way to adjust it down. It's ok with normal phone call though, where I can adjust it using the volume buttons while in...
  4. D

Post Question Rooting Zenfone 8

Hi all, you may have noticed safenet no longer passed just yesterday or today, so apps like google pay may detect your device is rooted. Luckily, this post has solved the problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/page-2375#post-85573141 You just need...
  5. D

Android since version 5.0 supports enterprise mode (or called work profile, managed profile, etc.) via APIs. Easy implementation can be done via apps like Island (by Oasis Feng). You can search in Google Play and give it a try. Read more ->...
  6. D

Post Banks app detects root after update v18.0 (with Magisk Hide and hidden Manager)

There are many apps that can disable an app, e.g. Titanium Backup, Swift Backup, etc. I use tasker with Run Sell command "pm disable-user %magisk_package_name" and "pm enable %magisk_package_name" to disable and enable the magisk app respectively.
  7. D

Right, using the inactive slot method, u don't have to patch and flash the boot image manually.
  8. D

Do you see the different installation methods after clicking "install"? I can see "Select and Patch a File", "Direct Install (Recommended)" and "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)". yunyou is referring to the last one.
  9. D

hi, yes i tried but while most apps are working fine, some banking apps can still detect root. however, for those apps, if i disable the magisk app beforehand, then it can be passed. i could not figure why since the magisk app is already with a random package name. i posted my query in the...
  10. D

yes, it's showing L1 in Widevine CDM
  11. D

thanks for the advice. then any idea what types of detection these apps are likely using? i means since magisk has changed its package name, it can't be detecting the existence of magisk app. would they be checking background services, trying to get superuser access, or files/folders?
  12. D

Yes, it works! After spending a lot of time trying out different Magisk modules and finally it can be done simply by disabling Magisk app before running the banking app. (don't have to uninstall it actually, just disable it). One thing I don't understand... how could the banking app detects...
  13. D

Do you mean you already tried this with Zenfone 8 OTA update after rooting? I did it with firmware "WW-30.11.51.67" and it's still the current one, so I don't know whether it would work or not.
  14. D

Yes, there is a warning screen on boot. And yes, some banking apps I use can't be cheated by Magisk Hide, but I use Work profile (via Island) to work around it. So far so good.
  15. D

To get the boot image: 1. Get the full firmware form Asus official site: (must get the same version as your current phone) https://www.asus.com/UK/supportonly/ZenFone%208%20(ZS590KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/ 2. Extract payload.bin from the zip file 3. Use Payload Dumper to extract the img files...