Recent content by Dougmeister

1. D

Post Easiest way to update to Android 11?

*Is* there a path forward to get to Android 11 on a rooted international (exynos chipset) Note 9?
  2. D

Thread Easiest way to update to Android 11?

I have an Exynos that has been bootloader unlocked. I flashed someone's version based on Android 10 last year and am looking to move up to 11. Can someone please point me to a walkthrough? I still have Odin, etc. installed on my computer. Thanks.
  3. D

Post Can't install TWRP without rooting; need... better drivers...?

No worries. Thank you for your help. I use Odin to install the Devbase ROM, right? Or can I use TWRP? Edit: apparently it works just fine to install it with TWRP. Thank you so much. This time TWRP works just fine for me and the new ROM is great.
  4. D

Post [RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.3.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy Note9 Exynos

I reflashed the latest stock image to my Note 9. I am attempting to flash TWRP. If I follow the instructions in the OP, don't I have to format the data partition at some point? It is alluded to in post #3. When exactly do I format the data partition? Immediately after installing TWRP (after...
  5. D

Post Can't install TWRP without rooting; need... better drivers...?

Thanks. I'm trying it with 3.4.0-0 Do I flash this file while I'm still in TWRP? Or do I reboot the phone and go back *into* TWRP to flash it? >After booting in TWRP download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1 zip to disable data partition encryption Edit: I tried flashing no-verity-opt while...
  6. D

Thread Can't install TWRP without rooting; need... better drivers...?

Followed the instructions on several websites such as this one here at XDA: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/ All goes well until I get to this line: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (latest TWRP image, renamed) The command prompt window just sits there and says...
  7. D

Post Best place to ask TWRP questions for Note 9... here or elsewhere?

Formatted data from recovery; same error. Going to try do flash official fw then reflash twrp again, but I'm not sure what difference that will make. 1) Do you think it has anything to do with it being an international version (SM-N960F)? 2) Or because I used Magisk to root it? 3) Should I...
  8. D

Thanks for the tip on Titanium; I've been using it for years... should have guessed it was outdated.
  9. D

Thanks. Any tips on best software to back up everything manually? Short of making a list...?
  10. D

Same errors when I try internal storage. (FWIW, when I click "Select Storage", it tells me that the Micro SD card has ~9700 MB free, whereas the Internal Storage shows 0 MB free.)
  11. D

Thread Best place to ask TWRP questions for Note 9... here or elsewhere?

Getting the following errors when trying to do a full backup on my rooted Exynos Note 9: "Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer." "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)" "Unable to recreate /data/media folder." "Unable to mount storage" "Backup failed. Cleaning Backup...
  12. D

Post TWRP 3.2.3.0 backup failing on Exynos Note 9

I updated to the latest TWRP and get the same errors. Should I start a new thread with those keywords in the subject line? "Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer." "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)" "Unable to recreate /data/media folder." "Unable to mount storage"...
  13. D

Thread TWRP 3.2.3.0 backup failing on Exynos Note 9

(Edit: if it matters, I have an Exynos Note 9, rooted) Screenshots attached. I would upgrade to a better/newer recovery if it exists and if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.