• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Dr_Grip

1. Dr_Grip

Post [ROM] Android Open Kang Project - maguro - JBean

The "preview" builds are not official, numbered releases but alphas for internal testing that we get to use as a courtesy for the morbidly curious crackflashers. There's nothing to communicate about. Additionally, most of Team Kang's communication is via rootzwiki these days.
  2. Dr_Grip

The latest "Milestone" (aka Stable) is 4.1. As you can read on the last 20 or so pages, there are "unofficial" 4.2 builds almost every day. But keep in mind that they are not even "Builds" (with a capital "b", which is AOKP for Beta/Nightly) but development builds.
  3. Dr_Grip

See the AOKP gerrit in the first post. Whatever got merged between the last and the current build is your changelog.
  4. Dr_Grip

The AOKP gerrit is linked in the first post. Just look for yourself what got merged since the last build ;)
  5. Dr_Grip

Did you install the gapps package?
  6. Dr_Grip

That's the best way to get amazing screen on bragging rights: Keep the screen on all the time, for example by setting it to always on in developer options. Thus your phone is not all too useable as a phone, but you don't waste precious juice that could go into your screen on times on standby...
  7. Dr_Grip

You realize that a mod already decided? And agreed with my position? All I am trying is to explain it to you. ;)
  8. Dr_Grip

Actually, Roman did not link his build folder on the first page. I am not a member of Team AOKP, thus I can't tell you who does what there. But if Whitehawkx, whose builds are linked, is the maguro device maintainer, his builds would be much more stable than Roman's, which obviously are work in...
  9. Dr_Grip

Second post in this thread: Additionally, apart from Roman's builds, which are not only "unofficial", but that experimental that their existance is not even officially confirmed by Team AOKP, several euroskank and other cherrypicked releases have been linked and debated on the last four or...
  10. Dr_Grip

I know you guys all have the proverbial needle in the arm regarding 4.2, but could you please discuss unofficial builds in their threads here or on rootzwiki and keep this thread clean for the discussion of the official AOKP releases, as it is intended?
  11. Dr_Grip

Actually, it's not infected any more, the malware registers just haven't caught up yet. But as the site still is down, you are not missing too much.
  12. Dr_Grip

The site got hacked and is down for the time being.
  13. Dr_Grip

It's effing tuesday. We won't see a build before sunday anyways, domain or not. Additionally, so far the 4.2 code is not even merged to AOKP, let alone checked for what it breaks. I won't bet on the source compiling right after the merge. Bear in mind that many things that were custom AOKP...
  14. Dr_Grip

A bad download would not show the right MD5, though. And is TWR really stupid enough to flash a corrupt zip file without asking? I have never used it, so I don't know. It just sounds like a massively stupid thing to do.
  15. Dr_Grip

Please keep unofficial build discussions in the build's thread over on rootzwiki. We are on Milestone 1 here so we can't help you. ---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ---------- Did you dirty flash from ICS? Then go back and do a clean flash, you are in...