Recent content by EbolaCola

1. E

Post Question Should i upgrade to P7

Use the pull-down menu for that stuff, you can customize the buttons there.
  2. E

Post [KERNEL][06/12/2022] fsociety tribute for Google Pixel 5 [A12/L]

Yeah but those cost money, and I'm a cheap bastard. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ˜‚
  3. E

Post [KERNEL][06/12/2022] fsociety tribute for Google Pixel 5 [A12/L]

Trying to install this with SmartPack Kernel Manager. Looks like the AnyKernel script fails with "BusyBox setup failed. Aborting..." I've tried a couple different BusyBox installers, no help.
  4. E

Post Root anf Update system !

Basically, you'll need to download & flash the latest image from Google and then redo the root (minus unlocking the bootloader, which won't be reset). https://developers.google.com/android/images https://xdaforums.com/t/updating-pixel-5-factory-image-re-rooting.4215295/
  5. E

Post Anyone get Tethering working yet?

This is the one I'm using, but there's a couple other options out there if you search for 'Magisk tether' or 'Magisk hotspot'. https://github.com/evdenis/tether_unblock
  6. E

Post Reduce punch hole camera size

LMAO, this doesn't reduce the black area around the camera, it expands it to take up the entire status bar! šŸ¤£
  7. E

It's been five months since I made that post. I've long since rooted my phone and installed a Magisk module to enable hotspot. :)
  8. E

Post New Pixel 5 - want to enable Hotspot on Verizon (without their limitations)

That's what I do on Sprint/T-Mobile, root + Magisk hotspot/tethering module.
  9. E

Post Root for dummies (US/Snapdragon version)?

^ This. My last Samsung was an S6 Edge, so I didn't know about the perma-locked bootloader crap on newer models. I'm sending back my preordered S21 because I can't root it and getting a Pixel 5 instead. The S21's hardware is clearly better, but it's not worth dealing that BS on the software side.
  10. E

Post Question S21Ultra exynos vs snapdragon! Any winners

Problem is, in the US we're stuck with perma-locked bootloaders & no root. I'd happily take an Exynos S21 over Snapdragon if I could root it.
  11. E

Post Anyone else return their S21?

I didn't realize when I bought mine that the US version's bootloader can't be unlocked. Going to be returning it because of that.
  12. E

Post Again AptxHD Missing again worst experience!

IMO it's more like Bluetooth sucks in general. I mean CDs are like a 40-year-old technology, and the uncompressed data rate is only about 1.4Mbps. Why on earth is handling that kind of data still a challenge in this day and age?! All of these third-party hacks, lossy recompression, and...
  13. E

Anybody tested hotspot on Sprint? I'm getting ready to order an unlocked Pixel 5 from Google, wondering what I'll need to do to get it working.
  14. E

Post [GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

Do you know what the issue is with Sprint models? (Think it's the same as with Chinese models?)
  15. E

Post [GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

I tried it on a G925P (Sprint S6 Edge zeroltespr), and the installer (step 3-4) leaves me with a TWRP that doesn't respond to touch, making it unusable. I had to completely wipe all of my phone's partitions & flash a pit file with Odin just to get it back to a usable state, so I don't recommend...