• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by eddieringle

1. eddieringle

Post [Q] Cannot start Android L Preview in emulator

I had the same black screen until I enabled "Use Host GPU" under Emulation Options when creating the AVD.
  2. eddieringle

Post [APP] Hubroid - The Awesome GitHub app for Android - 2.0-beta4 updated 6/4/11!

After a long hiatus I decided to rewrite Hubroid from scratch for ICS, while retaining compatibility with previous platforms. No idea when it'll be ready to release (I want to get as many features in as possible in order to match it to the existing 2.0 builds. You can follow the progress on...
  3. eddieringle

Post [APP] Hubroid - The Awesome GitHub app for Android - 2.0-beta4 updated 6/4/11!

The school year is starting to wind down, which has given me lots of time to work on Hubroid. The latest version on the Market is 2.0-beta4 (remember, I often release updates under the same version while the application is in beta!). Beta 4 includes tons of tweaks, fixes and improvements. Get...
  4. eddieringle

Just a quick update, the latest revision of beta 3 is in the Market. Since mid-February, the login bug has been fixed, support for Android 1.6 was added, and a whole lot of other stuff.
  5. eddieringle

The login issues seemed to be a problem on GitHub's side. They should have subsided by now. Also, make sure you're using your GitHub USERNAME, not your email (hence why the text field is labeled "Username"). @baric88 Hubroid 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and up. There are currently no plans to...
  6. eddieringle

I don't plan on releasing a paid variant of Hubroid from this point forward. It should stay 100% free from now on. :)
  7. eddieringle

Check out the original post, I've just released 2.0 to the Market. :)
  8. eddieringle

Post Market Autoupdate Bulk Toggle app is now on the Market! (v1.2.1 11/8)

We're still looking into why it doesn't work on system applications. When we figure that out, we'll update the application right away. :) On another note, 1.2 includes it's own sqlite3 binary, so most of the people who had trouble getting it working should find that it works for them now.
  9. eddieringle

Post [G2 ROM]Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60.09b_26.02.0 1.15_M2

Is there a non-rapidshare download link? Apparently I've reached my download limit on rapidshare (even though I _never_ use it, mainly because they pull crap like this).
  10. eddieringle

Post A lil' update bout "ROOT" from Cyanogen on Twitter

I just wish the media would see these things and correct the false stories they put out. :|
  11. eddieringle

Post reason why we cant get permenant root

Nothing is "backed up." When you write to /system while you have temporary root, the write doesn't actually occur, but a bug makes Linux think it did, so it gets written to Linux's cache. So when the cache is flushed (like when a reboot occurs), you lose all your changes to /system. See...
  12. eddieringle

Post Trackpad Notification Light

The LEDs were one of the first things I played with when I got my G2 yesterday. Echoing 255 into brightness won't work, despite what the max_brightness file says, there are only two possibilities: 1 or 0, on or off. On that note, the LED flash in the back of the phone can be set anywhere from 0...
  13. eddieringle

Post [Q] Benchmarks vs. Nexus One please

Well, the MSM7230 chipset is technologically superior due to it being manufactured with a 45nm process, versus the QSD8250 being manufactured with a 65nm process. It also contains the new Adreno 205 GPU, whereas the QSD8250 makes use of the Adreno 200 GPU.
  14. eddieringle

Sorry, but my app is not to blame. ;) See this post.
  15. eddieringle

I'll try to get screenshots up soon Screenshots are up. Also, it's ad-free. :) Can you test version 1.1.1? I just uploaded it to the Market.