• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by eldarerathis

1. E

Post [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] CWM Recovery for Nvidia Shield Tablet

I did some work on getting my CWM changes working in the TeamRegular device tree, and it boots and is oriented fine, but the font rendering looks terrible (albeit readable). It's all blocky and has this odd striping, with vertical lines of transparent (?) pixels in every letter. That's my guess...
  2. E

Do you actually have apps installed on your SD card? The message isn't saying that it can't back up your apps, it's saying that it doesn't see any apps installed on your SD card. Anything on internal memory is backed up with the /data partition. Dunno about the second message. Haven't seen it...
  3. E

I thought it might be easier to debug the framebuffer weirdness if I was starting with the vanilla tree as a base, to make sure there was nothing going on in the other trees that was causing it. In reality, I don't think it would have mattered because the issue was lower than that, but once I...
  4. E

Yeah, I was waiting for their Lollipop source to land, too, but got impatient. Since I only wanted to build the recovery I decided that using the KK device tree/kernel would suffice for now, and would be quicker than putting together a device tree from scratch.
  5. E

Couldn't decide if it would be worth starting an entirely separate thread, but I fixed the framebuffer so that it's oriented correctly. I thought about creating a merge request, but I was using NVIDIA's Tegra device tree, which is...really different. In any case, here's my device tree. The bulk...
  6. E

Post [MOD][Xposed][4.2.2+] - Wireless Charging Xposed

That's an interesting idea. I don't know a whole lot about how devices determine when they're in dock mode, but I could look into it. This is an idea I've actually started playing with a bit, and I'm working to implement. Originally I was looking to make the app always trigger the...
  7. E

Hm, okay. Thanks for doing some test cases. I might have to take a look at Purity's frameworks source and see if there's anything particularly different going on (esp. with respect to the LED) that might be causing this weird behavior.
  8. E

This actually is something that was thinking about looking in to. Since I generally use the wireless charger overnight, when I pick it up in the morning I usually want to check weather/traffic/etc, so auto-unlock would be convenient (for me, anyway).
  9. E

The wake on charge in particular seems a little finicky the first time. Rebooting twice seems to help it stick, as does setting it up in a very particular order. Install/enable => reboot => change settings => reboot again seems to work reliably. I'm not sure why it's so picky at the moment, but...
  10. E

Bah, made a stupid mistake in the code that tries to resolve the name of custom ringtones. It was choking on the URI of the system ringtone. A 1.3.1 build is posted now (here and on the Xposed repo/Google Play) that should fix the issue. I also removed 1.3 from the OP. Sorry about that!
  11. E

This is in now, and is listed as "Wake on Undock". Grab version 1.3 and give it a try! The OP has been updated with the new version.
  12. E

A new version (1.2) has been added to the OP, and will be going up on Google Play/Xposed shortly. It adds a "Wake on Charge" option. Enabling this (default behavior) will cause the display to turn on when you start charging your device. Disabling it will cause the display to remain off. There...
  13. E

I think I've found the code that I need to hook into for this, so I'll probably take a shot at it over the next few days. Incidentally, the main reason I didn't think to implement it from the start is because CyanogenMod already has a system setting for wake on plug... RE: People who are having...
  14. E

Is there any information in the Xposed logs? Launch the Xposed framework installer, then go to the "Logs" item on the main page to view them. It's possible that Samsung have made changes to their framework code that cause the hooks to fail, but I don't have a TouchWiz device to test on...
  15. E

Anyone having difficulty with custom sound files: I can't reproduce the problem on my N5, but I re-implemented the piece of code that does the playback to use a different method. A test build of the .apk is attached to this post, so give it a try and see if it makes a difference. You may need...