Recent content by elsamuraiguapo

1. E

Post Already unlocked bootloader on my pixel 4 XL

For those asking, no I haven't tried to root it yet. I just wanted to start playing with the device and signing in to all my stuff. No point in doing that first without unlocking the bootloader cause just like with any other phone that will factory reset everything. Better to unlock the device...
  2. E

Thread Already unlocked bootloader on my pixel 4 XL

Followed the same instructions here: https://www.the***********.com/unlock-bootloader-google-pixel-3-xl-guide/ and it worked. I know this is probably obvious to everyone on this forum, but just in case anyone was wondering if the version from google was easily unlock able out of the box, it is...
  3. E

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Same problem. I had a previous version working fine and got a notification from the app about an update. I downloaded the update and pressed install and it just prompts me to download the zip (again) or "Patch boot image file." At the top of the app's main screen I got a green checkmark where it...
  4. E

Post [ZIP][Flashable][DEC] PIXEL 2 MOD for STOCK OPM1.17 (Updated)

Has anyone tried flashing this with flashfire successfully? I have an issue with my device where I can't get TWRP to stick after rebooting. I am rooted via magisk though. Also can others confirm if this mod is working with the latest stock build 8.1.0 (OPM5.171019.015, Feb 2018).
  5. E

Post [GUIDE] Rooting your Essential PH-1

Anyone else get this error when trying to flash recovery? Using the command that was instructed in the OP. Even renamed the file to twrp so it would be the exact same. I know fastboot is working becuase I am able to see the devices under "fastboot devices"
  6. E

Post Now that Pixel 2 is out, is anyone tempted to switch?

I'm on Sprint so wanting a stock Android device with flagship specs it would either have to be the essential or the pixel 2. I got the essential for free, but even if I hadn't, Sprint regularly offers deals on upgrades or new lines so it makes more sense to go that route rather than pay $850 for...
  7. E

Post Build NMI81C

I have the Sprint variant and still yet to get the OTA. Maybe it has only been pushed out thus far to the direct-from-essential models?
  8. E

Post After a week, I've had a change of heart...

I'm a Sprint employee that was given the device to keep as a product advocate. I'll say that it is nice Sprint has a clean premium stock Android offering in their stores....but nobody is gonna buy this phone. For the $700 price tag they're competing with the S8 and iPhone 8. It may be a little...
  9. E

Post thoughts on how this phone compares to new pixel?

Well if you're a Sprint customer I think the Essential is a good option. We don't have many phones that we can get from our carrier that are development friendly. In fact, the only 2017 flagship you can get from Sprint at the moment that has an unlockable bootloader is the HTC U11. Plus Sprint...
  10. E

Post Un/Official (Windows) USB Drivers/ADB/Fastboot [Essential PH-1/Mata]

Okay awesome, I think we're almost done. When I type in fastboot devices I can see the device now. Starts with PM1. What command did you use to unlock the bootloader? I tried fastboot oem unlock and "fastboot flashing unlock" and it failed. (remote: unknown command) Edit: Never mind it worked...
  11. E

Well I uninstalled all the drivers I could find on my computer to start from scratch. Which should I install? I can't figure out how to install the google usb drivers referenced above
  12. E

Okay, I was using an outdated version so I updated to v1.4.2, but still same problem with the fastboot commands. You said to download the google drivers from post #1. I downloaded it and it gives me a ZIP; sorry to sound like a noob but I can't find a .exe in that ZIP to install. I open up the...
  13. E

I did. Check out the picture in my post above. Also I tried to install everything again from the beginning using the [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 by*Snoop05 and that didn't work either. Is yours the Sprint variant?
  14. E

I'm using the minimal adb&fastboot, do you think that's the problem? edit: see attached thumnail, I looked at your photos and followed the instructions. On my windows I get the following options. I tried the two "ADB testing interface" options and neither seem to allow me to perform fastboot...
  15. E

Post [Help Thread][Essential Phone PH-1](2017)Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

I see it on device manager as "mata" under other devices