Recent content by Empyreal96

1. E

Post Windows ARM64 Optimized for 950/XL (Testing)

Glad to hear your experience and that someone has tried it! I think the issue there is I removed some services to do with the initial setup, and the services I did notice a few mistakes I did (I think) and should be fixed in version 3(fingers crossed) Yeah I didn't keep keep cellular in mind I...
  2. E

I have migrated the project over to http://empyreal96.github.io as it's easier to maintain Version 2 has been uploaded, with FULL guide, screens, links. Now based of an 18xxxx insider preview build
  3. E

Post Lumia 640 Android

There's not many Android roms for any Lumia devices, unless you got a 520 or (I think don't quote me) the 720.. Could try Windows ARM32 but cannot promise success as it's available for the 640 XL not sure about standard 640
  4. E

Post A quick tutorial of installing Windows RT 8.1 on recent Lumia

Has anyone managed to achieve this with a 520? I have been getting all the bits ready to attempt this because I saw RT WinPE booting on it. I'm stuck at extracting drivers part, should I for example, take one of the registry inf keys, save it as a reg file, then look in that key and copy the...
  5. E

Glad to hear you're testing it! ? I did also discover that the update service is still starting up, I think it's tied into how MS Store launches on first install to update the metro UI apps but I am working on it more! No idea when next release is yet, I'm testing my offline version 2 and...
  6. E

Thread Windows ARM64 Optimized for 950/XL (Testing)

SADLY I AM LEAVING THIS PROJECT FOR A SHORT WHILE THIS VERSION DEPRICATED, V2 CAN BE FOUND AT http://empyreal96.github.io WITH FULL GUIDE ##THIS IS NOT A PIRATED VERSION I WILL NEVER SUPPORT PIRACY OF ANY KIND.. ACTIVATION WILL BE NEEDED IF NOT USED WITH WOA DEPLOYER (link to WoAProject...
  7. E

Post PostmarketOS use local kernel source for Zenfone 2 z00a/z00ad

I got the issue solved from elsewhere but I'm gunna post what I did anyway as a reference Copy the source tar.gz to the 'linux-Asus-z00a' folder inside the aports dir, I named mine z00a.tar.gz Had to edit the APKBUILD file in linux-Asus-z00a folder: APKBUILD line 28: source=" (Delete entire...
  8. E

Post how get boot image of my Asus Zenfone 2 Z00ED

You could try use fastboot mode to tell the phone to do a "tethered" boot into twrp recovery you downloaded (a. To see if that's the recovery to use on the phone b. To extract the boot.img to sdcard and mtp over to pc) but I don't have that specific model so I can't promise success, it's just an...
  9. E

Post KVM Kernel

What kind of 3D software/GPU needy task are you needing? Because in theory I've read that a linux chroot may still have some graphics acceleration on android devices due to some linux device firmware has OpenGL ES support (which is what runs on android devices, a subset of standard OpenGL) but...
  10. E

Post KVM Kernel

You wont get gpu access with chroot, some devices have GPU's that have some support but unfortunately our specific PowerVR chips dont have support.. using QEMU with kvm will allow you to still use all other parts of your hardware, and using spice will allow the use of the QXL video driver that...
  11. E

Post KVM Kernel

I never got limbo to work, I have exact same model you have (Z00AD) and I've got kvm working with QEMU.. Limbo doesnt detect kvm properly it doesn't see the kernel modules loaded.. Theres a few guides on here how to use QEMU but as a VERY rough idea on what you need to do is: Install a chroot...
  12. E

Thread PostmarketOS use local kernel source for Zenfone 2 z00a/z00ad

Hi guys, I need help.. I am attempting to create a port for PostmarketOS on Zenfone 2 Z00ad How do you use local kernel source in a tar.gz file with pmbootstrap? i.e I downloaded the source file from Asus website because the LineageOS branch of the kernel seems lacking in the files I need...
  13. E

Thread OS X 10.3 Via QEMU on Xperia M5

Hi guys (please correct if not allowed/wrong place) So here's the scenario.. I have set up a QEMU PowerPC vm in Limbo PPC emulator on my Xperia M5 (Stock 6.0 Systemless SuperSU), I have found the specs that work i.e mac99 machine type, G4 CPU, 1GB Ram, Basic std graphics with VNC not SDL, no...
  14. E

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 13 for Sony Xperia M5 (hollyss)

Now about to download and flash to my M5, I'll keep testing for as long as you need... Downside is my SIM card port doesn't work
  15. E

Post Unlock Bootloader

Confirmed working on English EE model E5603 build 30.2.A.1.21 :)