Recent content by errikosd

1. errikosd

Post assembly problem: gap between screen and case

Mine also has a very subtle gap on the top left side (where the camera is), which you have to squint in order to see. I bothers me because I know it's there, but I would probably not have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. I don't feel it affects the functionality or the waterproofing, at...
  2. errikosd

Post Current Shipping Dates? Weirdness

Ordered from Google France on 15 Dec, shipped on 16, arrived today.
  3. errikosd

Post Gboard latency on the side of the screen ?

Does it only happen with Gboard? Could you try with another keyboard so that we can rule out a touch screen issue?
  4. errikosd

Post Pixel 5 Scrolling Issue?

I see absolutely nothing wrong. :cyclops:
  5. errikosd

Post Strange system apps

I have the following too on a Pixel 2 XL (stock, unrooted): - Circular (5 times) - Filled (5 times) - Gestural Navigation Bar (4 times) - Rounded (5 times) I wouldn't worry about these, they seem to be customisation-related packages. The Kai, Sam, Victor ones, I don't have them though and...
  6. errikosd

That dust buildup I can see in some pictures would drive me crazy. It's a shame, because it's a decent phone otherwise.
  7. errikosd

Maybe I did not phrase correctly. What I meant was whether the display is somehow elevated and the sheet can be fit (a) "in parallel" from the side or (b) perpendicularly from above the display. For me, it is the second.
  8. errikosd

Hmm, is the gap facing upwards or sideways? In my 2 XL I can barely fit a sheet of paper upwards, but not sideways.
  9. errikosd

Quick question, even if the gap is uniform, doesn't it collect dust in between? IMHO there should be no gap, my Pixel 2 XL has absolutely no gap. (I haven't seen the P5, but I think that the design is somehow similar)
  10. errikosd

Post Q: how to do screenshot on stock Android 11 ?

Press and hold Power + Volume Down.
  11. errikosd

Post Photo quality

Kandersteg, Switzerland Still a top notch camera.
  12. errikosd

Post Screen on time

I was thinking about upgrading to the Pixel 4, but my 2 XL simply won't let me go. Have had the device for 1,5 years now, still rocking as new.
  13. errikosd

Post How I fixed my battery life [Calibration][NoRoot]

Well, I live in Switzerland and the whole process was handled by the store from where I had bought the device (Digitec, they are pretty awesome in the service aspect). Since I was under warranty I did not have to pay. After they changed the battery, AccuBattery showed 99%.
  14. errikosd

Post How I fixed my battery life [Calibration][NoRoot]

I had the exact same problem. I sent it to HTC and got the battery replaced.
  15. errikosd

Post August '19 Update

You have not updated since July 2018? :p Kidding aside, that sounds too large for just two months of security updates.