Recent content by etami

1. E

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Anyone know if this rom would allow me to sideload android tablet apks? I want to be able to download shows on Netflix, Prime etc for offline viewing, which the tablet apps can do.
  2. E

Post [APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Awesome. Would I need to uninstall 1.1.6 or just update with 1.1.7 apk?
  3. E

From 7.2.4.2/3515 amazon protected updates so they can't be blocked using Debloater Tool. The next update will block you making Wolf your default launcher.
  4. E

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK] Fire TV Stick 3 and Fire TV Stick Lite (sheldon/p)

If you are having trouble clearing the downloaded update from the commandline, you could install Remote ADB app from here onto your firestick. Open the app and enter this command: pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota
  5. E

If you're running 7.2.4.2/2907 you can go to Launcher Manager settings and in Other Settings there's an option to block updates. If you're on 7.2.4.2/3515 amazon protected the ota update process so that feature won't work. I also did what @bloot did in post #859 to fix.
  6. E

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Mine has the same as yours (here in Australia) but I see here on amazon.com it has hulu in the place of amazon music. Must be US only.
  7. E

That's awesome. How will that work, with different countries having different buttons?
  8. E

I can see you got the remote working. What about the 4 app buttons at the bottom? I'm assuming they are only mapped when using fireOS.
  9. E

I haven't tried it, and it might be exactly the same as the one you have tried, but try here. It says it's for any Android TV 10 Device but I'm not sure what LineageOS is based on. Hope it works for you, as I'll be going down that track soon too.
  10. E

Probably a silly question, but you are using the version for Android TV and not the one for FireTV, right?
  11. E

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK] Fire TV Stick 3 and Fire TV Stick Lite (sheldon/p)

@Sus_i and @bloot and @Tech0308 and @Rortiz2 just to say all your painstaking coaching and my reading paid off (for me anyway😊) Instead of magisk, flashed the older 7.2.4.2/2907 update (from before ota update processes became protected) and set LM to block updates. It also fixed the issues with...
  12. E

I tried those already, but says the update packages are protected.
  13. E

Thanks. Now I see I really do need magisk. @Sus_i and @bloot and @Tech0308 you have taught me a lot tonight. I hope I don't forget by the morning :)