• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by etmatrix

1. E

Post [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

With Nexus 5, I could backup the encrypted device with dd and restore it after a wipe and works with old password, but when I tested the same procedure with G5, it did not work. LOS tell me "password is good but I can't decrypt the device" I think with FDE the trusted zone is used for keep...
  2. E

sure I tested now and works. Which is your problem? Have you created a lg account?
  3. E

every unlock file is generated for IMEI from here (make an lg account)
  4. E

My fault. I thought, that I had to use long press for switch and not 0.5 / 1.0.
  5. E

Good but doesn't support the wide angle camera.
  6. E

I use this you can find thread here
  7. E

pick one from the list. Everyone is good.
  8. E

I don't use Google Pay, but for bypass SafetyNet CTS I used the module "MagiskHide Props Config" and I chose a certificate configuration. I tried some apps which control safetynet and works very well. EDIT I tested also Google Pay and I added a debit card without issue.
  9. E

Post How to keep the contents of /system/etc/hosts after manuall OTA (LineageOS 18.1)?

lineageos use the addon.d directory, you can place a script which is executed before and after OTA update. In my LOS 18.1 there is 50-lineage.sh which backup and restore etc/hosts Here you can find more informations
  10. E

Post [ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-17.1 for G5

Yes I installed the latest version from PlayStore on LOS 18.1 and no malware is detected.
  11. E

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE][R] DotOS 5.1.1 [RS988|H850|H830] [15/07/2021]

Maybe the better solution is this but I've never tried it.
  12. E

For GPS there is this issue already opened for another device. On my H850 GPS is working, even if it's not fast, but I always had some problems with antenna.
  13. E

I think this vulnerability exist in LG G5, will it be fixed by LineageOS? Is not easy because the vulnerable code is in vendor library.
  14. E

Post [ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-17.1 for G5

I tested on my H850 and no malware is detected. This thread is unofficial LOS 17.1, you are testing official LOS 18.1. You can find the correct thread here
  15. E

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE][R] DotOS 5.1.1 [RS988|H850|H830] [15/07/2021]

I don't know if this is also your case. When my device was in stock rom, I discovered this bad issue after some months. I never found a permanent fix, for me in LOS 18.1 GPS is working.