• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by festor

1. F

Post AAWireless - General discussion and support

You're suggesting they should lie about the contents to make it cheaper for you so I'll take the assertion about VAT with a pinch of salt. "Time of supply" comes into play and also the contribution/reward crowdfunding system which is not considered a "marketplace". If they are not UK registered...
  2. F

@35YearsInIT&Telecoms I'm in the UK and perfectly happy with the way they are being shipped... please don't claim you're speaking for me. When I order from outside the UK (since January) I sometimes get charged VAT at point of sale. Sometimes it's charged after it reaches the UK so there is an...
  3. F

Just a reminder, you can hover or click someone's name and ignore them (y)
  4. F

Post Question (Solved) Is individual call history possible with the google dialer? (Poco F3 Global)

lol I'm stupid, I was sure tapping on the number/name just returned the call. Thanks very much (y)
  5. F

Thread Question (Solved) Is individual call history possible with the google dialer? (Poco F3 Global)

Is there a way to enable a call history for separate numbers/contacts with the Google dialer? I miss this option from the Xiaomi dialer even more than call recording. Having to wade through months of logs in call history seems unnecessary. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have very basic...
  6. F

Post Question Remote option gone from File Manager?

It's strange they don't have any ad revenue or pro version upgrade and it's the only app they do. I also got a bad feeling going over their privacy policy: https://cx-file-explorer.firebaseapp.com/privacy-policy-file-explorer.htm Compared to Solid Explorer...
  7. F

Post Question Remote option gone from File Manager?

I ended up going for Solid Explorer (NeatBytes). The good reviews seemed far more genuine than the copy paste ones for the likes of Cx File Explorer. NeatBytes also seems to be an established company and they are based in the EU (Poland). Great options and no bloat. I has a really nice...
  8. F

Thread Question Remote option gone from File Manager?

Since the recent update to MIUI 12.5.1, Xiaomi File Manager has removed the “Remote” option. I used it all the time for transferring files to/from an SMB share. I know there are other options, but I don’t want to use ShareMe (BT or WiFi) or use Google Drive which obviously slower. I have...
  9. F

Post General 12.5 stable just arrived!

I got the same update for the standard global rom earlier (UK). Took about 7 min to install after the download. It’s early days, but double tap is better and the proximity sensor/call issue seems to be fixed for me. It enabled a "super" wallpaper and reset the lock screen clock design, but...
  10. F

Post Question Inconsistent double tap to wake

I noticed this too but for me it’s the very slight movement between taps where it presumes a gesture is upcoming. It also seems a little worse with a slippery tempered glass protector. If I make a conscious effort not to move position between taps it works for me every time. Maybe they can...
  11. F

Post Accessories For anyone struggling to get a good screen protector for their Poco F3

I actually tried to get one of them but they were sold out on amazon and I couldn’t find them on ebay or aliexpress. Would love feedback from somebody using one. Great reviews and the description is good “The screen protector is smaller than the device's screen due to POCO F3 5G/Redmi K40/Redmi...
  12. F

Post Accessories For anyone struggling to get a good screen protector for their Poco F3

I was going by my previous experience of their quality and by current reviews. Cost is almost meaningless at that price and it’s why I ordered lots of makes. I like most of their cases, but don’t rate their screen protectors. Cheap phone accessories like these are normally batches made under...
  13. F

You say this like it’s a given that they are good. I had one on a Redmi Note 5 a while back and it cracked if you looked at it the wrong way :LOL: The only Nillkin screen protector I could find at the time had a black frame and reviews said it cut into the screen and the camera protector had no...
  14. F

Thread Accessories For anyone struggling to get a good screen protector for their Poco F3

I prefer tempered glass protectors. The factory fitted one is fine but had started to lift very slightly at one corner and just doesn’t quite feel as nice as glass. I think glass gives more protection too. I luckily found a glass protector that fits well (link below). Unlike the other 4 others...
  15. F

Post Question Any option to do LED notification?

I enabled the constant AOD a few days ago and I think there must have been something else going on during my initial testing because the battery only drops 2% per hour now. I’m using the first simple clock option (red) and thankfully it moves position after a few min. An LED would have been...