Recent content by fipsy

1. F

Post [STABLE] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S7 build 22

I have been using this OS on a daily basis for 3 months now and am meanwhile just massively annoyed by it. There are so many small and also big bugs that it is completely unsuitable for daily use for me. E.g. in the beginning I was able to record videos without any problems. Since some weeks...
  2. F

I would also like to encourage everyone to donate a few dollars to @Ivan_Meler, even if you have problems or bugs. Because without donations it wouldn't go on at all.
  3. F

I also have no microphone problems or echoes. But as you can read here, I have a number of other problems that others don't have. I'm afraid we won't get an inch if we continue like this. Incidentally, I think it is very conceivable that the echo problems depend on the cellular provider. Or on...
  4. F

The only problem is that these are often errors that occur sometime in the middle of the night unobserved and where you don't even know the exact time. It is then impossible to post a suitable log file. For clearly reproducible errors, such as settings that are not beeing saved, no log files...
  5. F

I can't sign this like that. Errors that occur sporadically are not so easy to prove. But if they occur in many cases, there is evidence. And as far as settings are concerned that are simply reset after the reboot, I have documented them very precisely. Without getting a reaction.
  6. F

I don't have this particular problem, but today I took a photo with the "Manual Camera" app. After the photo was taken I switched the phone to standby without exiting the app. This forced the camera module to crash and there was only a black or green camera display afterwards. Until I rebooted...
  7. F

I also think that this would be an extremely important decision aid for new users. Anyone looking for an OS for daily use must be informed about such errors. That e.g. VPN does not work together with tethering, can be a knockout criterion for professional use. Something like that should...
  8. F

I've already criticized that. I found another issue: After a phone call, when you remove the smartphone from your ear, the display is often at full brightness and the automatic brightness control is switched off. And there are also other, smaller errors such as Settings that are reset after a...
  9. F

@Nevaran: Maybe it also depends on which of the two camera modules is installed in the device.
  10. F

In fact, OpenCamera is generally always recommended. I've been using it for years and it works quickly and very reliably as well.
  11. F

Thanks a lot for your response and for confirming the Wi-Fi bug! The two drawbacks you mentioned are the main problems for me too. You may perhaps install Smartpack Kernel Manager from the Playstore and play around a bit with it. I haven't had any success with this yet, but it might be worth a try.
  12. F

But that doesn't explain why LED notifications work for days and then suddenly they just stop working until you reboot. After that they are working again.
  13. F

@Katadreuffe: The problem has already been described here several times and is also present in the December release. In this post I collected all known bugs of this Rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stable-lineageos-17-1-for-galaxy-s7-build-20.3980101/post-84212447 In addition, there is...
  14. F

I discovered another bug: tethering does not work in any way together with a VPN connection. Neither WiFi, nor USB, nor Bluetooth tethering. It is also not possible to share a VPN connection via tethering. Can anyone confirm this?
  15. F

I can only speak for myself, but the microphone is even a bit too loud for me. It can be a little noisy, but in my opinion because it's so very loud.