• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by flappjaxxx

1. flappjaxxx

Post [ROM] [5.1.x] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Excellent work! I look forward to the progress this will bring to the device
  2. flappjaxxx

Post It looks like Netflix has been deactivated on this device

I can confirm this extremely annoying bug. I've talked to netflix three times since last week and got nothing but the runaround. I factory reset everything, I've upgraded modem/router combo for new speeds etc, powered everything down and up and so on and so forth. They acted like they hadn't...
  3. flappjaxxx

Post Tweaks To Improve Battery Life Guide

If you want to increase your battery life. 1. Root your ZF2 2. Install Titanium Backup 3. Open Titanium Backup and Freeze or Uninstall all the Asus and third party crapware pre-installed on the phone 4. Reboot and Enjoy quality battery life Going through and freezing all the useless crap apps...
  4. flappjaxxx

Post zenfone 2 vs oneplus one :D

I must admit I have a renewed admiration for the ZF2. A case can really make a difference. The first case I got just made the phone so bulky and cumbersome. The following is the first case I got and yes I gave it a 1 star review...
  5. flappjaxxx

The few negative things I listed still don't make me feel bad about my purchase of the ZF2. The ZF2 is an awesome deal for the money. An unlocked phone with dual sims, nice specs and small price tag is a no brainer. I prefer a more closer to Google experience just didn't want the 6" Nexus. There...
  6. flappjaxxx

Its huge with the case. It is a little wider and thicker without the case as well. And in the hand it is considerably thicker. I didn't read the initial size specs but their false claim of a 5.5" screen in 5" sized phone is complete BS.
  7. flappjaxxx

After a week with the ZF2 I am back on my OnePlus One. I tried to like the ZF2 These are the things that made me dislike it Asus bloat apps and services. Holy crap thats a lot Poor battery life Crappy design choice to not have the capacitive buttons backlit. The size of the phone especially with...
  8. flappjaxxx

Edit: I was wrong. The bluetooth issue was with the paired device not the phone. Confirmed with OPO and ZF2
  9. flappjaxxx

OnePlus One battery life totally wins hands down.. No matter what ROM I use, stock, custom etc. Battery life is fairly weak on the Zenfone 2 considering the size of the battery. Thank god for speedy charging
  10. flappjaxxx

Post [Tools]Hot Zenfone 2 one click root

This!!! Great job! Thanks!
  11. flappjaxxx

I have both devices. Zenfone 2 is nice. Love the screen. 4GB of RAM is alright with me! 64GB of storage is plenty for my needs and the price is right at $299 USD. So far as far as performance they both seem to be about neck and neck. Camera in my humble "opinion" seems better on the Zenfone 2...
  12. flappjaxxx

Post [DISCUSSION][ROM][5.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for Bacon[OFFICIAL Nightlies]

I can confirm that 5/18 with 5/17 kernel has been running for me for over 24 hours without a single issue. I've uploaded the boot.img Download it here. http://rootdev.org/boot.img Flash it with flashify from the play store. No more resets/reboots etc. No more rebuilding of cache yada yada
  13. flappjaxxx

Try flashing just the kernel from 5/17 and you should be good to go. I just extracted just the boot.img from the zip and flashed it with flashify from the Play Store.
  14. flappjaxxx

Same here. I have had all of the above crashes, reboots and freezes etc. So far 5/17 kernel seems to be more stable
  15. flappjaxxx

Yes cache gets rebuilt etc. I just flashed the 5/17 kernel over 5/18 and so far so good. A lot of kernel changes in the 5/18 build