Recent content by flarbear

1. F

Post Polarized screen issue

I saw this the other day myself and googled it. There are a bunch of reports on the Samsung Community page about this where they discovered that it is the pre-installed screen protector and not the phone itself...
  2. F

Post Magnetic phone mount

I'm waiting for word on whether or not this Scosche mount is compatible with the S10+. https://www.scosche.com/collections/wireless-phone-chargers#/page/1 I have a similar charging dash mount from Mophie installed in my car right now that has worked well with my Galaxy S8+ as a mount, but I...
  3. F

Post Does anyone know yet if the SD slot on this will have UHS 2 or 3 speeds?

U3 does *not* mean it can "only" do 30mb/s, U3 says it must always do at least 30mb/s under all conditions and any situation in which it fails to provide that performance means the card is defective. Both U3 and V30 speeds are minimum guaranteed speeds. The fact that they list it as "up to"...
  4. F

Post thoughts on nougat Update????

I got a notice recently about some important software update as well. It looked like the notice you'd get if there was a system update, but it turned out to be from the "Galaxy Apps" app rather than from the OS. Several of the Samsung apps and services needed updating. Try checking the...
  5. F

Post Factory t-mobile S7e losing mobile network connectivity

I guess I wasn't clear about that as I have several problems that are probably related, but behave a little differently. BT dropping - can usually turn it back on, but sometimes it refuses. Usually don't need to reboot to fix this. Wifi dropping - often have trouble turning it back on and...
  6. F

Post Factory t-mobile S7e losing mobile network connectivity

I just started having this problem in the past month. All at once I've been getting BT sometimes turning off, mobile networks failing to reconnect after I visit a no/low signal area (such as after a plane trip when the phone was in airplane mode). I've also seen wifi mode fight my attempts to...
  7. F

Post Suggestions for microSD

Just a quick note from the OP that I'm not actively monitoring this thread any more so it may take a few weeks (months?) for new benchmarks posted at this point to appear in the list in the OP and in the charts. Many of us chose a card from among the many worthwhile cards listed already and are...
  8. F

Is that the UHS-1 Class 10 card? Do you have a model number or a pointer to the same card on Amazon or the SanDisk web site? The reason I ask is that they have a couple of different cards with the same name, but different speed ratings and colors so I want to represent the data accurately in...
  9. F

I say pretty much the same thing in the first paragraph of the first post. The 4K video rates on these phones don't seem to be high enough to warrant the typical speed requirements.
  10. F

Both will work, but exFAT is more modern with fewer limitations and fairly compatible with all but possibly some variants of Linux. http://www.howtogeek.com/235596/whats-the-difference-between-fat32-exfat-and-ntfs/
  11. F

Which card is that? (Brand, model, size)
  12. F

It seems to have roughly the same (poor) performance as the SanDisk 200gb Ultras. The sad thing is that it claims to be U3, but doesn't seem to exceed 30MB/s (sequential) in the tests you posted which means it is not meeting the minimum speed guaranteed by the speed class symbol written on the...
  13. F

How much lower? All cards have lower capacity than what is shown on the label due to creative marketing. A "64GB" card will tend to have around 60gb of storage when viewed in a computer or phone. A 128gb card might have only 120gb. This is usually due to measuring the card with powers of 10...
  14. F

These could also be fitment tolerance issues. Has anyone noticed any issues with the cards having free play in the sim card tray? Are they they thinner perhaps?
  15. F

That sets a new bar for A1 SD results for the Pro+, much higher than the other results in the graph. I decided against reordering the graph because there were 2 other results that led to its current sorting position, but the long write bar stands out and draws the eye to it...