Recent content by Flohack

1. F

Post [ROM][Ubuntu Touch - Xenial][30-01-2020] Ubuntu Touch for s3ve3g

Its now in the installer: https://devices.ubuntu-touch.io/device/s3ve3g/ :)
  2. F

Thread S3 Neo now available for installing Ubuntu Touch

In case someone is interested, you can install Ubuntu Touch on the S3 Neo (not DS, s3ve3g only). Device page here: https://devices.ubuntu-touch.io/device/s3ve3g/
  3. F

Post [ROM][Ubuntu Touch - Xenial][30-01-2020] Ubuntu Touch for s3ve3g

Okay so here are generic instructions. As I am still in the early phase this involves some manual steps. Preferably also you use a Linux installation (can be VM) for that, since otherwise you might miss some tools. Read...
  4. F

Thread [ROM][Ubuntu Touch - Xenial][30-01-2020] Ubuntu Touch for s3ve3g

Currently I am porting Ubuntu Touch to the Samsung S3 Neo (s3ve3g) and I am therefore looking for alphatesters. Note: This port is not ready for a daily drive! Note: There is no dual-boot available, you will have to dedicate the device for the time of the test Any interested individuals please...
  5. F

Post WiFi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 Problem Fixed

Dear Nilendu, can you elaborate if this will restore the original MAC addresses or just replace it with at fixed one? Thanks!
  6. F

Post [ROM][Ubuntu Touch - Vivid][10-02-2017] Ubuntu Touch for titan

Ubuntu Touch´s display feature becomes enabled when there is a display actually connected via: * Slimport / MHL * Miracast * Other methods So unless you can connect a display you will not be able to move this switch.
  7. F

Post Bluetooth MACs: Stock FW / CM / LOS

Oh this is an interesting one. Can you use Bluetooth nevertheless?
  8. F

Thread Bluetooth MACs: Stock FW / CM / LOS

Hello all, I am part of the Ubuntu Touch community and we try to get the port for OPO fixed. Currently we see an issue with invalid Bluetooth MAC addies starting with all zeroes: 00:00:00:00:5A:AD For proper research I would like to have someone with an original stock FW post here, telling me...
  9. F

Post [Q] Wi-Fi / MAC address issues on my OPO

From Ubuntu Touch porting I know that the OPO uses a default (private) MAC address at startup until it get initialized with the correct one, save somewhere in a config or firmware partition. We are also currently unable to use more than 2 OPOs in the same network due to MAC address collission...
  10. F

Post [DISCONTINUED][i9300][30/07/2013]¤¤ UBUNTU TOUCH 13.10 BUILDS ¤¤[WIP]

Hello, sorry to say but there is no usable version for the S3 anymore. After a lot of Analysis it seems that the kernel version is too old (3.0) - current Ubuntu Touch builds require at least kernel version 3.1 - That said, I am now focusing on S3 Neo =) If you find someone who can port the S3...
  11. F

Also be sure to create a folder /recovery in case it does not exist (needs to be done every time, some recoveries dont have it). rootstock expects this folder to be present. BR
  12. F

Post Ubuntu Touch porting - where to post?

Hi there, Florian from UBports. The active devices that we support can be found here: https://devices.ubports.com/#/ - that being said, you wont find the Note 2 there as an active device. What happened in the past I can´t say, but currently we have no ETA to work on new devices. BR Florian
  13. F

Post [DISCONTINUED][i9300][30/07/2013]¤¤ UBUNTU TOUCH 13.10 BUILDS ¤¤[WIP]

Hi, sorry but there is no current version of Ubuntu Touch for Samsung S3. I was not able to continue working on the port because I had to put all efforts into other tasks around taking over the organization from Canonical to UBports. I will come back to this device when time permits. You might...
  14. F

Hello, my name is Florian and I am part of the UBports team. Frankly said there is no real good way to use WhatsApp on Ubuntu Touch right now. LoquiIM (http://loqui.im/) did successfully hack into the protocol, but starting on July 1st I think WhatsApp is again going to change their API and...
  15. F

Hello, you cannot flash Ubuntu Touch "like any other rom" because it is different. So you need to use the tools that were made for it... BR