• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Flying_Scotsman

1. Flying_Scotsman

Post Problem to Unlock Bootloader

Were you successful registering your device with Xiaomi, wait the required days, and get the success message?
  2. Flying_Scotsman

Post [TOOL][WIN/LIN/MAC] MiUnlockTool - Unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices on mac & linux

Hi @wertguygywe , What do you get if you follow this? [email protected] $ cd /path/to/MiTool-folder/ [email protected] $ ./XMT2_Linux_20.7.28.run --help
  3. Flying_Scotsman

Post TWRP Bootloop and soft/hard brick (a dude told me that kernel its missing)

I would expect the tool you used to unlock the bootloader would be able to flash the phone to "latest" MIUI. I had to do this several times using https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-win-lin-mac-miunlocktool-unlock-bootloader-of-xiaomi-devices-on-mac-linux.3782444/
  4. Flying_Scotsman

Post [ROM][11.0] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 9/Redmi 10X 4G[UNOFFICIAL]

Thank you so much @Communos , for building and releasing this image. (y) I flashed it as per your instructions except I used V12.0.3.0, using TWRP-V12.0.6-wzsx15recovery.img. It was perfectly straightforward, started fine and ran fine. I do hope you will make this official.
  5. Flying_Scotsman

Post [BOOT][IMG][PATCHED] Boot Image Partition without OVERWRITE OF RECOVERY for MERLIN (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 / Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G)

Thank you very much for this much valued advice. (y) I was now able to install eOS, e-0.15-q-20210310-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip from https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693751830 using a newly flashed MIUI V12.0.9.0 EU and it is running very well. Thanks. Many thanks also to the ROM...
  6. Flying_Scotsman

Post TWRP Bootloop and soft/hard brick (a dude told me that kernel its missing)

First thing I expect you tried, but if you get the timing perfect, you try to catch the bootloop going down and with a touch of power and very long press Volume down you might be able to engage fastboot. (Depends on the issue, perhaps, but I have tried sometimes 10 times and it works eventually!) :)
  7. Flying_Scotsman

Post [FAQ][GUIDE][HELP] Assistance Solution Centre for MERLIN 🤓 (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Did you try having a Windows Device manager open while you are working. It is possible that Windows will find itself short of drivers as you change booting modes. (Maybe the device even takes a new "identity" in fastbootd?) (You will know that you are watching for ⚠️ appearing in Device Manager...
  8. Flying_Scotsman

Post [BOOT][IMG][PATCHED] Boot Image Partition without OVERWRITE OF RECOVERY for MERLIN (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 / Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G)

Hi, @VD171 I realise you must have very good control of your Redmi Note 9 merlin! (y)! Thank you for these patched boot.img - very good idea. Where I have got to is that I have learned that on Linux Debian Buster I can get back to a reliable base MIUIV12.0.3.0. QJOMIXM by flash-all.script from...
  9. Flying_Scotsman

Post [ROM][11] [OFFICIAL] PixelPlusUI for Redmi Note 9 (merlin, merlinnfc)

The first boot is perhaps critical. The behaviour may change depending on background MIUI version. My idea is that you try to be in control of first boot. Can you find an earlier point (perhaps when you first see "powered by Android") where you force stop? I have logged dozens of fails, but only...
  10. Flying_Scotsman

Try again, do not allow first boot. Force reboot very first sign of animated ROM logo.
  11. Flying_Scotsman

Thank you so much, that solved my problem. I had tried 3 different ROMs over 12.0.7.0, one booted always to recovery, two to Fastboot. For a further choice of firmwares I actually went to https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/ Following your guidance, I moved the vendor-firmware.zip to...
  12. Flying_Scotsman

From here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-pbrp-collection-of-twrp-pbrp-for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4227751/ and be aware of...
  13. Flying_Scotsman

Would this ROM be expected to flash over V12.0.7.0.QJOMIXM? I have got a working TWRP (TWRP-RedmiNote9-V12.0.6.0.QJOMIXM-20201213-wzsx15) I am getting the feeling the change at V12.0.5.0 is something of a blocker for all ROMs, is that correct, please?
  14. Flying_Scotsman

Post [TOOL][WIN/LIN/MAC] MiUnlockTool - Unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices on mac & linux

My device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 128 GB Model: M2003J15SG Delivered MUUI: V12.0.3.0.QJOMIXM [ro.build.fingerprint]: [Redmi/merlinnfc_global/merlinnfc:10/QP1A.190711.020/V12.0.3.0.QJOMIXM:user/release-keys] Updated to MUUI V12.0.7.0.QJOMIXM I used XiaoMiTool V2, XMT2_Linux_20.7.28, Bellissimo...