Recent content by ForgottenSolstace

1. F

Post [Guide] Installing Custom ROM on Honor Note 10 (EMUI 9)

@dannyw13, did you perform a "low-level" factory reset before installing TWRP? You usually see this when you don't fully wipe those partitions.
  2. F

@Darj , it only costs 15USD to unlock your Huawei Honor Note 10. Why not go ahead and try? I assure you that the effort is much worth it; Stock ROM is bloated with all kinds of spyware from the Chinese government. When you install AOSP, you can actually secure your phone following the updated...
  3. F

@Darj , did you manage to sort out rooting your Huawei Honor Note 10? I've updated the installation steps to reflect the shortened steps I last took to get Magisk running (downgraded to EMUI8 on my Huawei Honor Note 10 to try to preserve TWRP). Hopefully, we'll see more ROMS from the OpenKirin...
  4. F

Post Beware of format Format Data with yes

You most likely didn't brick your device. Ask yourself these three questions (if yes to all of them, then you have bricked your Huawei Honor Note 10): Can you enter stock recovery? Press and hold VOLUME DOWN and the POWER buttons. Can you boot to CFW recovery (TWRP only EMUI8) via VOLUME UP...
  5. F

If you roll back to stock and unlock your bootloader again, then you don't need to do fastboot erase userdata because "factory reset low-level" will perform that once you unlock your bootloader again. So you should be able to flash TWRP, boot fine (only that one time), install whatever ROM you...
  6. F

Post Patched Boot Files for the T870 XAR (USA) ***[UPDATED 4-27-21]***

Had to patch boot.img myself. I'll attach the patched image with magisk installed for those on T870XXU1ATJ4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ulUBVfSzMvSvdf1S4IZ3Q2UDwPI3KmX/view?usp=sharing
  7. F

I have: Will try downloading stock images and flashing boot via magisk manager.
  8. F

I think I need the disabled vbmeta image. Does anyone know where I can find this image for my T870?
  9. F

fastboot erase userdata That will wipe /data. Since you can also boot to TWRP, then try wiping /system, cache, and dalvik (factory reset). If you can also wipe /data, then that might also work in TWRP, depending on which version you're using.
  10. F

Yep, so it sounds like you have an encrypted /data. Make sure you can safely wipe the entire device, then try the following in download mode: fastboot erase userdata (Note: this will erase everything on /data) Then boot to TWRP again. Check the logs and try again.
  11. F

Post [ROM][9.0][UN-OFFICIAL][ravel][19.01.2020] LiquidRemix v10.0.11

Just installed this on EMUI8. Installs OK, but requires encryption on /data. TWRP will not boot upon first boot, so you have to install the magisk zip right away. One notable bug: contacts seem to disappear on reboot (they do not persist).
  12. F

Post [ROM][9.0][UN-OFFICIAL][ravel][19.01.2020] LiquidRemix v10.0.11

Installation fails with this TWRP on EMUI9: /system does not mount until I factory reset (expected), but even when mounted in TWRP, it doesn't flash.
  13. F

Post [ROM][9.0][UN-OFFICIAL][ravel][16.01.2020] crDroid v5.11

Hey, everyone! I got my phone back up and running again, and by the way -- yes, you can have EMUI 9 installed alongside TWRP (no need to downgrade) I wrote a detailed write-up and guide here. Have a look if you're curious or if you're having issues installing this ROM. Cheers
  14. F

Thread [Guide] Installing Custom ROM on Honor Note 10 (EMUI 9)

This thread outlines the exact steps in installing a custom ROM on your Huawei Honor Note 10 device with either EMUI 8 or EMUI 9. You can install and run TWRP on both EMUI and or EMUI 9. Make sure to follow this guide precisely, as order matters. At the end, I will post an explanation of why...