Recent content by frank_que

1. frank_que

Post [Asus MeMo Pad 7 : ME172V] [All in 1 App] Roms, Rooting, Bugs, General

Hello Zero_Starlight, just to clarify unroot process, this is taken from the documentation I've wrote (readme.txt included in Me172vRootUtil_v0.1.zip): Unroot function: Press [volume down] key and select "unroot me172v" pressing [power button] Here's in sequence what will happen: Step 1)...
  2. frank_que

8 gb dump and 16 gb are the same.
  3. frank_que

Did you try to boot with sd card with dumputil or rootutil? Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app ---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ---------- Sorry but I dont understand your question...but I try to answer... If you have rooted...
  4. frank_que

To solve android with exclamation point screen....leave the tablet WAIT some minutes (more than 5) it will reboot automatically into normal kernel. To solve "No USB cable connected!"...on the top of right side of tablet there's a little hole, this is a reset button...press it. With "DroidHD...
  5. frank_que

I'm almost sure that rootutil doesnt work with your firmware version... But you can try to use it anyway... If it will not work (boot loop) you can reboot the tablet with the same sd card you have used for root and select option unroot. It will restore your original kernel and uboot...
  6. frank_que

What firmware version do you have? In the meantime you can do a full dump using dumputil, just to have a backup of your rom Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app
  7. frank_que

Did you try to format the card within tablet? Under settings - memory - do you see options for microSD card? Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app
  8. frank_que

Post [Q] How To Root Asus Memo Pad ME172V 7"

My solution is regarding adb reboot bootloader not about boot loop... Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app
  9. frank_que

You can root your tablet using my utility if you have the right firmware version... it should work also on 32gb version... Make sure to do a full dump before root, in case something goes wrong you can restore your tablet. Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app ---------- Post added...
  10. frank_que

Post [Q] How To Root Asus Memo Pad ME172V 7"

I've emulated your problem with my tablet....just push the reset button located in the small hole on top of right side...it will reboot normaly... Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app
  11. frank_que

Try leave the tablet WAIT some minutes with the android with exclamation point...it should reboot automatically into normal kernel... Sent from my ME172V using xda app-developers app
  12. frank_que

It's so strange that system update change the serial number.... but if you have done a full dump with dumputil before root and system update, you can restore all dump, and I think you will have the old serial number. (of course you loose root and system update). ---------- Post added at 04:04...
  13. frank_que

I don't know WHY you whould change the serial number of your tablet... Anyway.... if your tablet is rooted you can install a terminal application like this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm and after mount partition8 and edit the txt file... But I'm sure...
  14. frank_que

Also my tablet has a serial number different from the one printed on the BOX label... But the serial number show in android comes from file ISN on partition8... I'm not sure but probably SSN printed on memo pad BOX refer to a Hardware serial number... Are you sure to have seen the same number...
  15. frank_que

from one of my precedent post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42832125&postcount=466 mmcblk1p8 kernel-logo 2MB vfat some tablet settings (serial number, calibrations, etc...) Serial number is a text file named "ISN" on the partition 8.... Maybe you have replaced mmcblk1p8 coming from an...