Recent content by furballi

1. F

Post A215U Bootloader unlock

There was a post about leaving the phone ON with the SIM card for 7 straight days, and the boot unlock option will show up. I'm on my first day with an unlocked T Mobile A21.
  2. F

Thread Make Voice Command Calls Without Data

Just moved from windows phone 8.1 to Android 10 (Samsung A21 phone). We only have talk and text (no data plan). With the windows phone, I can use voice command to make calls without the need to enable data. When I say "call Bob", the windows phone will automatically dial Bob's number...
  3. F

Post Unlocking/rooting an A21?

I also have the Samsung A21 from T Mobile (SM-A21UZKATMB). The phone is unlocked by T Mobile but there is no OEM bootloader unlock button under the Developer mode. Changing the date (forward and backward in time), then run the software update did not solve the OEM bootloader unlock button...
  4. F

Thread TCL A503DL Bootloader Unlock

This TCL A503DL phone comes with a Tracfone loaded android 8.1. Has anyone unlocked the bootloder? I only saw one option "jump to camera" under Settings/Gesture. Is this because of a hardware limitation, or Tracfone's programming that disable the other gestures? TIA, Furb
  5. F

Post Unlock bootloader - bootloader mode reboots phone

Has anyone successfully unlocked the bootloader on the ZTE V8 Pro? After entering the command "fastboot oem unlock", the phone simply reboot back to the home screen. I have enabled the bootloader unlock and USB debugging...
  6. F

Post [ROM][N 7.1.2] [ KatKiss - Nougatella #039 ]

Please post back with your result. TIA, F
  7. F

Update to the browser crash issue. Disabling JavaScript has eliminated the browser crashes. Is JavaScript bundled with each browser? If not, can we update the JavaScript engine within Android 7? The same installation of the Via 3.3.3 browser did not crashed when running under my Phone's...
  8. F

Have an Asus TF700T with a clean install (wiped partitions and formatted DATA partitions) of Android 7.1_030 + SuperSU + Gaaps found on the first page. Installed Brave Browser (bunded with Chrome 64 build), Firefox 60 browser (bundled with the FF engine), Lightning latest browser V4.5.1, and...
  9. F

Post Beginners Guide to root and flashing a custom ROM on the TF700T

I suspected that would be the case. Thank you, again for your support.
  10. F

Android 6 is running well with Brave and Maxthon browsers. Loading Android 7 will have the latest security patches. Both Brave and Maxthon will lag a little with some websites under Android 6. I rarely open more than four tabs. Will there be a small improvement in web browser experience if...
  11. F

Great. Thank you for the tips!
  12. F

Thank you for your prompt feedback. In TWRP under the WIPE option, should I click on FORMAT DATA or SWIPE TO FACTORY RESET? Do I also need to choose WIPE > ADVANCED WIPE to convert the internal data partition to f2fs after FORMAT DATA or SWIPE TO FACTORY RESET? Please clarify "NEVER EVER...
  13. F

I have an Asus TF700T with Android version 4.2.1, Kernel version 3.1.10-gb1a9af5 [email protected]#1, Build number JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801. The goal is to install Android 6 on the Asus TF700T. 1). Unlocked the bootloader using the Asus unlock tool. "DEVICE IS UNLOCKED" appears in the...