Recent content by Gandalf

1. Gandalf

Post Stock Official Android Pie ODIN N960USQU1CSB3_TMB

Yes but you won't have carrier features like wifi calling, VoLTE, HD Calling, RCS(if you use the Samsung messages for texting) etc.
  2. Gandalf

Post [Download] SM-N960U1 - Android Pie - N960U1UEU1CSB3 - Odin

anyone know what bootloader version this has?
  3. Gandalf

Post [N960U/U1/W][DISCUSSION][Close to rooting]

From what I gathered based on the information he provided in the OP, his root method will be usable by anyone with the rev1 bootloader. Even if you do update to first release of Pie (CSAA), you are still on the rev1 bootloader, so assuming the method does NOT work on Pie, anyone can downgrade...
  4. Gandalf

Post Note 9 Pie Alpha/Beta (updates on the XDA Portal)

Small world! I went to Drexel, Im in the police academy now
  5. Gandalf

Yes but the main difference is that it seems to be exclusive to the upgrade path from ARL2 rather than ARJA
  6. Gandalf

I flashed CSC from ATT ARJA on a U1 beta and it brought all carrier features back eg. volte wifi calling boot animation, etc. and worked fine It removed OTA capability though
  7. Gandalf

No, supposedly because the unlocked (U1) firmware doesn't register correctly on the network for some reason that both AT&T and Samsung haven't fixed yet. It's most likely an AT&T issue that will be fixed in the future. You can still flash U1 in Odin then use the CSC from AT&T's ARJA firmware...
  8. Gandalf

I'm pretty sure the latest is CRL4 dated December 7th
  9. Gandalf

Since you are on the official beta build, you will receive OTAs as they become available AS LONG AS you didn't flash a different CSC. If you just flashed the U1 build in Odin and took the OTA to beta, you're set for OTA beta updates.
  10. Gandalf

Post US unlocked beta live for note 9!

I was able to get AT&T wifi calling and volte, messages sync, etc. working in my AT&T N960U on U1 firmware by simply flashing the ATT ARJ7 CSC. The only issue here is that you will lose software updates on the device, they will all need to be downloaded and flashed manually in recovery as an OTA...
  11. Gandalf

Post [ROM] Official Omni Oreo [8.1.0]

Please submit a ticket on jira.omnirom.org and attach logs :good:
  12. Gandalf

Post [ROM] [ether] [8.1] [LOS-based] **crDroid**v4.6

Yep. I didn't pin them yet so just run the extract script against an Omni system image You can flash Omni and mount system in recovery and run it
  13. Gandalf

Post [ROM] Official Omni Oreo [8.1.0] [VoLTE]

Open a ticket at jira.omnirom.org pls :good:
  14. Gandalf

Post [ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL][ETHER] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r42][VoLTE][2018/08/12]

If you dial *#*#4636#*#" and go to Device Information, you can disable VoLTE from there :good: