Recent content by garwynn

1. garwynn

Thread [Review WIP] Sapphire Radeon 5600 XT Pulse

Hello everyone! The Radeon 5600 XT was released today and we are in the process of putting it through its paces. But in an attempt to get some of that information more quickly to our readers I'm going to be posting information as we go. GPU being tested: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT...
  2. garwynn

Thread PC Hardware Coverage for XDA in 2020

Hello everyone! I didn't know where to really put this and the forums are still one of the places I feel most comfortable on the web. In 2019 we did a far better job of covering more new PC hardware components than the previous year. Some of our reviews took longer than expected, but I stand...
  3. garwynn

Post What are the lowest adequate system requirements for building Android?

A T7700 is probably going to take a very long time. Even building a kernel on a Q9500 was over an hour in 2013. Get the RAM if it's very cheap or free, but I'd honestly save the money and put away to buy a newer laptop. In the long term you'll get a far better result. You may honestly be...
  4. garwynn

Post Cannot install kali nethunter on my sm-j330f

Adding English translation, updating title. Then moved to Galaxy J3 (2017) Q&A. Forum posts on XDA should only be in English. Thank you.
  5. garwynn

Thread [Review WIP] Testing Threadripper 1950X & Intel Core i9-7900X

As mentioned in the "Behind the Scenes" update, we now have a CPU sample from AMD and Intel to do some high end desktop testing. If there is something you want to have tested, please add it here. If we don't include it in the review we'll add that information here. My plan of attack on both is...
  6. garwynn

Post Building My Gaming PC

You may want to throw that in PCPartPicker and send a link to that build list. You may also find better pricing since you posted it. A few follow-up Qs: 1) What OS (or OSes?) 2) What games in particular are you looking at playing? 3) Do you have a budget in mind? There's also room to make...
  7. garwynn

Post Building My Gaming PC

You may want to throw that in PCPartPicker and send a link to that build list. You may also find better pricing since you posted it. A few follow-up Qs: 1) What OS (or OSes?) 2) What games in particular are you looking at playing? 3) Do you have a budget in mind? There's also room to make...
  8. garwynn

Thread Behind the Scenes Update: September 2018

Hey everyone! I've been silent for a while for personal reasons. But we're at a point where things are about to heat up... literally! Many things have changed since my last update, so I'll give a rundown of those changes here. This should also help readers know where we're headed in the next 3...
  9. garwynn

Post Honor Re-Opens bootloader Unlocking on a Limited Trial for XDA

I'm glad to see a little wiggle room on this. But as Huawei arguably has one of the top devices on market (or so I keep hearing about the P20 Pro) it also starts to make sense. Here's hoping a good balance can be found.
  10. garwynn

Post Sony Xperia Z5C - Bootloop after updating SuperSu - ADB not listed

Moved to Z5 Compact Q&A. Hope that helps you get an answer!
  11. garwynn

Post S8+ G955U1 Combination File Needed (Firmware AQL1)

Moved to S8+ Q&A. Hope this is the right version for you and that they can help you get the answer you're looking for.
  12. garwynn

Post [APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

Thread cleaned. Let's keep it civil or restrain ourselves if we cannot. Thank you.
  13. garwynn

Post PX3

Closing this thread. Go here for any further activity please.
  14. garwynn

Post [Tool][Windows Only][Root] Android Reverse Tethering 3.19

Thread cleaned. Please post in English only.
  15. garwynn

Post [HOT]► WhatsApp Killer-Message

Thread closed. Back into your long sleep.