• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by gilnfld

1. G

Post [HOW TO] Recover from any hardbrick or red case in 9008 mode without ANY BOXEs

loonycgb2 Awesomeslayerg The KDZ/dz extraction python tool has problems extracting the LUNs partitions with several Pie KDZs I have tried and, as I might have mentioned in the telegram discussion, even when it does extract the Oreo content it doesn't always generate proper XML...
  2. G

Post [HOW TO] Bootloader Unlock any G7 ThinQ except T-Mobile w/o octoplus

Hey bud how is it going. I haven't been here on XDA for sometime as I am lurking more in the Telegram group when i have some free time which doesn't happen that often since i got a 2 year old and a 5 month old. Thanks for all these messages. Yes i was the one who told you about the...
  3. G

Hey man, actually not sure if you have already contacted him or not. But, ironically, a new method is just now propagating to allow you us unlock BL without a box. It uses the Qualcom Product Support Tool / Qualcom Flash Image Loader (QPST/QFIL) these are advanced configuration, and testing...
  4. G

Hey man, how is it going. No need to apologize I did not read anything into your post certainly not anything to apologize for my friend. And you did not get my hopes up since I am already Bootloader unlocked and rooted from a while ago. Right now, contrary to the name of this thread -- which...
  5. G

Post [Tutorial] Acer Liquid Jade Primo - upgrade to AU/CU

Thank you for the info on this. I have not bought the phone yet since I want to make sure yet that it will be functional. Are there significant performance improvements in AU/CU over 10586? gs
  6. G

Post [Tutorial] Acer Liquid Jade Primo - upgrade to AU/CU

Hi not sure if this thread is getting any attention but giving it a shot to ask a couple of questions. I am picking up a cheap jade primo mainly to use with continuum at my office. I noticed the seller showed me it is stuck on 10586.545 and wont do any more OTA updates. I am reading some of the...
  7. G

NOT with the Canadian version of the LG G7, the 710AWM. I have flashed the ULM firmware, all of them, it still does not give you access to fastboot/bootlaoder mode. We simply cannot boot the phone either through adb or via hardware key sequence to Fastboot mode regardless of which KDZ firmware...
  8. G

Hey TWiiTCH I am a fellow Canadian LG G7 owner. How is it going? You mentioned in your post here that you saw a Canadian user manage to BL unlock using the procedure outlined in THIS thread? Where did you see that? Unless there has been some changes since this thread had originally started, a...
  9. G

Post [ROM][AOSP] OmniROM 9.0 Pie [OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][EAS]

can someone here please give me some feedback on the development status of Omni for chiron? I just got my mix 2 the other week and playing with different ROMs; i noticed this thread was very active earlier but has somewhat fizzled out -- are you folks still using this rom, is it being...
  10. G

Hey there fellas sorry for late reply , was tied up with family things. From what I can tell, any G7 that had no access to fastboot on Oreo can't gain such access simply by flashing a KDZ file; I know for certain this does not work on the Canadian model and yes I also tried GFI kdz files, but...
  11. G

Hmmm, no I didn't try that specific KDZ as it is the 10g firmware and not the one used in the guide which is a newer ULM Oreo firmware, the 11G. Is there something special about the firmware you are asking about?
  12. G

Hello folks, Sorry I should have been a bit more clear in my earlier message. What I meant to say is that while, no, there is no problem crossflashing the ULM kdz file or any other kdz file from the EM, EMW etc versions this will NOT open up access to fastboot if the device did not have such...
  13. G

Thanks for the guide and the custom boot image for the ULM release. I am currently running a Canadian AWM device, stock, with the latest official pie update. It does NOT have any access to fastboot and has never had any access to fastboot (unless it was flashed with the custom engineering V35...
  14. G

Post [KERNEL][10.0.0] Sultan Kernel [August 14, 2020]

Oh man that was embarassing. My 'sarcasm' radar is off these days. Sorry Francisco!!