Recent content by GioBozza

1. GioBozza

Post [APP] [MOD] [7.0+] WakeBlock: Blocking the drain before it is too late (Core v0)

Hello! Not yet. We depend on baksmali to disassemble odex files and unfortunately it has not been updated yet to support 8.1 format.
  2. GioBozza

Post [APP] [MOD] [7.0+] WakeBlock: Blocking the drain before it is too late (Core v0)

*** ROM DEVELOPERS UPDATE [COREMOD NEW VERSIONING] *** Due to the reasons in listed in the post above, developers whose ROMs include WakeBlock core mod are urged to update them. To ensure ease of maintenance the core mod will be versioned with integer numbers, starting now with v0. The core...
  3. GioBozza

*** UPDATE [0.2.0] *** - WakeBlock service binds on runtime (this means that, if the core mod is already installed, you do not need to reboot after app installation/update). The service status shown in the app will automatically update on service binding. This may take some seconds after boot...
  4. GioBozza

*** SUPPORT *** We created a Telegram group with the aim of giviving direct support and promoting wakelocks exchange! You can join here: https://t.me/joinchat/AWYf1UQQkYrLtrUcIzpW2g
  5. GioBozza

WakeBlock detects system wakelocks, while kernel wakelocks can be blocked by a lot of custom kernels. The wakelock you are looking for is a kernel wakelock and thus cannot be seen in WakeBlock.
  6. GioBozza

The first time takes longer on deodexed ROMs. Cache has to be recreated.
  7. GioBozza

Many thanks to SuperSandro2000 for testing a lot of configurations on his device for the latest update!
  8. GioBozza

*** UPDATE (v0.1.4) *** We need testers for this update. It should fix the problem below, but Samsung seems to be making its own choices on how to package framework files. CHANGELOG Fixed Samsung bootloop
  9. GioBozza

If you dirty flash a ROM update you cannot use the WakeBlock backups: those are saved to revert the patcher's work. The backups are basically the original framework files. Also, ROM updates usually change the services framework, so putting back the old one could most probably cause a bootloop.
  10. GioBozza

We found out Samsung uses a different procedure to package deodexed framework files. We are testing fixes for this right now. I will push an update on the Play Store with specific changelog as soon as a working version is ready!
  11. GioBozza

It should reboot in TWRP after the patching process is finished and flash the generated automatically. Then it should reboot again normally. Does it boot into TWRP the first time?
  12. GioBozza

A fix for Samsung devices is under testing. If everything is alright, I will push it on Google Play shortly.
  13. GioBozza

Could you take a log with LiveBoot during the bootloop? It will be saved in /cache/liveboot.log and you can retrieve it in TWRP (mount /cache partition if it isn't by default). Also, it would be very useful to check some file permissions on Samsung ROM. You can do that by executing these...
  14. GioBozza

If you find the process to be unbound, it means the app has been updated and you need to reboot. I'm going to try to add support for automatic rebinding and support for alarms blocking as soon as the current release is stable on every device!
  15. GioBozza

Does mounting the system partition as read/write and manually flashing /data/data/com.giovannibozzano.wakeblock/files/flash.zip in recovery solve the problem? If it does, I guess this is some OpenRecoveryScript issue I need to look into.