Recent content by gnustomp

1. gnustomp

Post [ROM][5.0.0][The unnamed Android L SDK port][for MultiROM][06/07/14][v5]

In tablet_core_hardware.xml they're there to say you need those files for GSM and CDMA phones, but those files don't exist so it should be fine. They're actually comments, so the system doesn't read them. I believe those two lines are also in the same file in the stock ROM.
  2. gnustomp

The android-l sources in AOSP aren't full sources but are only GPL files. Everything that's not GPL is the same as master - so no, you can't compile Android L - yet. ---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ---------- Google Play Store app permissions are...
  3. gnustomp

I'm not sure which notification bar issue you're talking about, but if it's the one where you can't pull quick settings down, it's easily done if you have notifications, otherwise you have to be accurate with your touch. Pull down a second time from the top. If you don't have any notifications...
  4. gnustomp

Hi guys, I got Wi-Fi working. The problem is that 500 Internal Server Error forgot to copy a couple of libraries. The libs needed for WiFi are: /system/lib/libiprouteutil.so /system/lib/libnetlink.so Copy them from the stock ROM. There are probably a lot more other files that are missing in...
  5. gnustomp

Post 4.4.2 GPE cast screen feature

It's the same as the old "Wireless Display", just now with a different name. It's Miracast.
  6. gnustomp

Post WTH??? "adb reboot recovery" on GPe does an auto factory reset?

I think you triggered the factory reset without realising it...
  7. gnustomp

Post [REF][GPE] HTC One Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Yes, just unplug and plug in again. Otherwise Go to Developer Options and Revoke USB debugging authorisations. EDIT: I see what you mean.
  8. gnustomp

If you've rebooted and installed, it won't exist anymore, but before you reboot, you can find the update zip in /cache (it should be called something like <random numbers>-ota-build_product-from-build_version-to-build_version.zip You can also get the URL from logcat.
  9. gnustomp

Has anyone captured the OTA link and/or zip? NOTE: When you get an OTA update you should do this for the benefit of everyone else, unless it's already been posted.
  10. gnustomp

They're source code zips that must be released under licence. Not flashable. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  11. gnustomp

Post HTC One Australian Users

Hey mitchello, can you get 4G data on your GPe'd phone? I can't, and I believe it's virgin mobile's fault, but I'd like to rule out my phone as the cause. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  12. gnustomp

Post [Official] Google Play Edition General Discussion

They're system apps, but are "privileged". Probably more control/permissions or something.
  13. gnustomp

Well at least in the 4.4 OTAs for the Nexus devices, most of the complete files in the update zip were not in the filesystem beforehand. ---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ---------- I'm not sure, but Nexus OTA's don't bother with other stuff not in...
  14. gnustomp

No, it won't. OTA updates only extract new files, and patch existing ones (after all checks and cleanup). Which means, if you have mods, the update will probably fail to install.
  15. gnustomp

Post [WIP/DEV] I've got a "booting" 3.4 kernel, looking to get a dev team started

On its own, no, but with the kernel and all the compatible blobs and drivers would mean everything working kernel-wise. Problem is OMAP is sort of abandoned. This is at least part of the reason Google isn't updating the gnex to 4.4. (Do I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about?) Sent...