• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Greaper88

1. G

Post [ROM][Odin] Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U Stock RC2

They're factory flash files I believe, but yes, they're stock.
  2. G

Post ANYONE get this before or after oreo on sprint ...checking device status sprint omadm

I've always seen the check mark icon on my phones since v 4.1. It's just making sure your device is authorized to use the network, and checking for profile updates. (the profile is what you're allowed to do on the network, only gets update when something MAJOR changes from previous update)
  3. G

Thread [ROM][Odin] Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U Stock RC2

First, disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any problems anyone has flashing or for anyone's device. This is the RC2 release ROM for the Note 8, SM-N950U. I was able to download the ROM, and am uploading it here. This ROM requires Odin version 3.11 or newer. This is a five segment ROM, BL + AP +...
  4. G

Post Lollipop Pre-Rooted TWRP Flash

Only if you have a custom recovery. If you don't, or don't know what that is, then you need the "Odin" ROM
  5. G

Post Sprint LTE killing it.

Ouch, I feel bad for you dude. That's like getting thrown back into the stone age internet-wise... P.S. LOVE the commercial linked in your sig.
  6. G

Post Sprint LTE killing it.

Remember, Sprint uses a "dynamic throttling" algorithm. You get throttled if you've used the most data of the users connected to a tower if it's necessary to allow someone else access. The throttling goes away when it's no longer needed. But regardless of that, the sheer number of users on the...
  7. G

Post [Guide]Mostly Painless, Root Samsung J3 Emerge Sm-J327p (Boost Mobile)

Have Windows Vista or newer, and internet on your computer. Plug the device in and wait up to 5 minutes for drivers to install automatically. There's two sets of drivers for if the device is in normal mode, and a slightly different set for download mode.
  8. G

Post [ROM][Odin](Stock PL1) (QI1 linked)Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge SM-J327P

You'll have to figure out which system app it is, and try to disable that in your apps management. Another option, have him activate the device for one month, that'll activate the phone, and when the service expires, it won't continue to show that.
  9. G

I've never done that personally, but it should be possible. There is a tut for it somewhere. The procedure for adb is pretty much the same for any device.
  10. G

The internal memory is encrypted, making that impossible. You should be able to use any flash dive via the OTG feature of the USB port.
  11. G

Post [Q] Flash T210 4.4.2 firmware into T2105?

Root the device and uninstall using root uninstaller.
  12. G

Last time I bought a pre-paid device, it came loaded with Sprint's software, and upon activation, it changed to Virgin Mobile.
  13. G

That's good to know for everyone out there.
  14. G

I wonder if selecting "nand erase all" in Odin advanced options would counter the issue everyone has been having with trying to go back?
  15. G

Thanks. Glad it helped ya :)?