• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Halwer

1. Halwer

Post Lenovo S5 Pro - L58041 (Global) [2020.03.21]

If it is not working with the official Magisk, maybe you could still try the Canary or the Beta channel. There are also so called ,,phh-magisk" versions, sometimes they work when other versions don't.
  2. Halwer

You are welcome, technology could be very tricky sometimes and the solution is much easier, than we think! :)
  3. Halwer

I found an other topic about the same issue: Topic There are really just the same ideas we already mentioned, but trying a different USB port or cable sometimes solves problems.
  4. Halwer

I hate Windows for various reasons and this is one of them.... You can download a Linux Distribution from the Windows Store and try with that again. Before you do that you have to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux in the Control Panel. Did you try to run the cmd.exe as an admin? Yes, you might...
  5. Halwer

Hi, I am not completely sure about this, but try to run the command line as administrator. You can always do a ,,fastboot devices" command to check for the currently discovered devices. Did you enable the unlocking in the developer settings?
  6. Halwer

Post umidigi s5 pro - has anyone installed Lineage OS on it?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
  7. Halwer

Post [GUIDE] Rooting the UMIDIGI S5 Pro | Magisk

Hello, I just checked and for me everything is working fine. A reboot can solve a lot of problems.
  8. Halwer

Hello, please read before posting. The answer (working link) is just above your comment.
  9. Halwer

Post [GUIDE] Rooting the UMIDIGI S5 Pro | Magisk

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it! unfortunately it seems the only way to flash a ROM is through fastboot or SP Flash Tool after unpacking the super.img and replacing the system.img with a GSI. You can find more info and detailed descriptions in the mentioned thread.
  10. Halwer

Offline charging and bluetooth audio is kind of a GSI bug as always, but I am afraid that the fingerprint reader will be Umidigis fault, because it is considered an obscure proprietary hardware. I suppose even, if I unpack and repack the super.img I won't be able to get it working, the GSI won't...
  11. Halwer

Amazing news! I am very happy to see that my recovery proved useful, since I am not a developer I don't really know what has to be done, to make this obscure hardware work.
  12. Halwer

Good news! I will also try to build a more up to date version of TWRP when more commits arrive on GitHub. It would be good to be able to resize the system partition from TWRP, so we don't have to touch or remove the /product partition.
  13. Halwer

Hello, I am still not sure, look at this screenshot! I mean in general this is really not a big deal. GSI ROMs tend to act a little weird with partition layouts, anyway. The big deal will be a working TWRP in my opinion.
  14. Halwer

Hi! I just saw that it has been removed from the link. Fortunately I saved it, too! Here it is in my MEGA drive: QCN Don't forget to edit it, follow the tutorial. You have to input your own IMEI numbers, otherwise it will not work.