• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by HellyHans

1. HellyHans

Post Atoto S8 General Discussion

Tethering update: The best solution and app I found to enable wireless tethering is with MacroDroid. Plus the free version needs all I need and it has no ads, and the toggle ON/OFF is directly in the android quick launch on the phone. It has MANY features with...
  2. HellyHans

Another update Low bad GPS signal: I fixed my low signal by placing the GPS antenna directly on the dash. I had it fixed on my windshield before and since the antenna was pointing DOWN I had almost zero reception.. It's a stupid antenna because most other brands of GPS antenna's can be stuck...
  3. HellyHans

what would you want to use the SPDIF for? It's pretty much obsolete in Car audio these days. Also the preamp outputs are VERY low voltage, (0.5v or something) you need a preamp voltage amplifer to raise the signal
  4. HellyHans

never seen that issue. You can't stream from your phone to the S8? via BT? USB tethering? Wifi hotspot? What apps?
  5. HellyHans

Ok, I will update you guys a little as not much activity going on here. I've been through all 22 pages here and pretty much ALL the issues people are reading about and having with the contacts getting deleted are with Gen 1 units. The Gen2 units don't have this issue. And couple of other issues...
  6. HellyHans

I don't have an iPhone, but I think it should connect automatically. In the menu, I think you can select Carlink as the Autostart App. I know it starts my AA automatically when I set that up.
  7. HellyHans

Thread SM-A520W unlocked without bluetooth tethering?

Well I had this phone for a while and never needed to tether via bluetooth,but now with my Android car radio I can tether via BT or WiFi.. I wanted to pair it via BT but I don't see BT tethering in any of the menus.... I've read sometimes it can be a carrier disabled option or some USA phones...
  8. HellyHans

I know you posted this a long time ago and maybe found the issue.. but I will post it for others. In the HD DVR app, on the left side on the screen you have the 4 icons. You have to scroll the icons UP to access the Settings button.
  9. HellyHans

Hey guys! I just installed an S8 gen2 STD and was wondering if you guys had this issue. When I connect Android Auto. I seem to lose FM radio on the head unit. Is this the case with everybody? My other car lets me connect with AA and I don't lose my FM tuner.. I don't know why the FM tuner...