Recent content by herbert1

1. H

Post Can someone support the USB GPS

Github has discontinued their file download service, so it not possible anymore to share new apk with them. I've made a new repository on bitbucket, where you'll be able to download all the apk: https://bitbucket.org/HvB/usbgps4droid Herbert ---------- Post added 30th April 2013 at 12:15 AM...
  2. H

Post [APP][1.5+][2013/03/09] Bluetooth GPS for Android : BlueGPS4Droid (version 1.2.6)

BlueGps4Android as many similar applications needs Mock Location, they use the Mock Location API ti simulate new Location Providers or replace existing ones. Applications which use GPS generally don't need "Mock location permission" to work with blueGps4Droid. I don't understand why some...
  3. H

It never occurred to me that someone could really want to do things like that. If you want, you can fill a bug using the github bugtracker on the github repository. I will eventually try to fix it, however it wont be a top priority. Herbert
  4. H

UsbGPS4Honeycomb_MR1_alpha1
  5. H

/system/etc/permissions and all files in this directory are read only (except for root). If you want to change them or add a file you have to gain root acces ! You need these files in /system/etc/permissions to enable USB host API. I you don't want to root your device then you won't have USB...
  6. H

I guess it's in the post from captaniglu just above... It implies to add (or modify) a file named android.hardware.usb.host.xml on /system/etc/permissions. Herbert
  7. H

The std nmea sentences are the ones beginning with "$GP" (like "$GPGGA,235948.000,0000.0000,N,00000.0000,E,0,00,50.0,0.0,M,0.0,M,0"). If these data come from the NMEA log from UsbGps than it works. However the NMEA data data show that the gps has not already made its first fix (when you have...
  8. H

Good news ! It's an information which could be useful to other users. I haven't looked very deeply in the kernel code or Android source code myself (everything works without problems on all devices I can access). So were you able to use UsbGps ? And then which version are you using ? Herbert
  9. H

Post Home made pogo pin charging dock

Yes, sorry it's in another thread about N7 pogo pins: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1800099
  10. H

Post Home made pogo pin charging dock

That's true for Galaxy Nexus, not for Nexus 7. There are some users who had problems and are not able to charge anymore using the usb connector (see previous posts in the thread)...
  11. H

I think I've seen cyanogen based custom roms for rockship tablets with pl2303 support. If I remember correctly, several users were able to use pl2303 usb gps with these roms.
  12. H

Is it a stock rom or a custom one ? The kernel messages (dmesg) should show if the kernel module is loaded correctly and which devices are associated to the usb gps. If everything is ok, the tty has also to be readable and correctly configured (using stty). For UsbGps you can use the logcat to...
  13. H

If no usb device is shown in the option selection menu, that means the usb gps is not recognized by the android layer. With pl2303 recognized usb devices, when you plug them, the android tablet should also ask you the permission to start GPS4Honeycomb... If it don't see any usb device, it won't...
  14. H

RTFT
  15. H

Post [APP][1.5+][2013/03/09] Bluetooth GPS for Android : BlueGPS4Droid (version 1.2.6)

Then you can try the old UsbGps4Droid version (the one which needs a tty device) and use /dev/rfcomm0 or the linked alias if you want... Since everything is working quite fine, you could perhaps also contact some ROM developers, in order to compile a more complete version of Android which could...