Recent content by hg42

1. hg42

Post [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

here is a commented version, btw. it is for bash syntax, other shells may have different command (especially the "let") i=0 # set i to the first number wanted # in case you already have some x<number> directories e.g. after Ctrl-C # you need a...
  2. hg42

Post [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

knpk13 please post output of ls -l ./Test1/data/files/home/sm64-port-android/SDL/include/SDL2/ I want to see if it's a symbolic link. It will be tricky, if these are real directories and they are deeper than the longest possible path name.
  3. hg42

Post [ROM][10.0][REALME X2]CORVUS OS 8.x[OFFICIAL] [STABLE] [Q] [2020-08-10]

As a user I think, this should work. Some gapps may be older afterwards (from the date the ROM was released), but they get updated again. For gapps data is usually not a big problem, if the data of a google app is damaged, you can usually clear it's data, log in again and wait for sync. That are...
  4. hg42

I already posted a link where I found the downoads: https://osdn.net/projects/corvusos/storage/x2/ gapps seem to be included, so if you don't want them, you're either lost or find a tool to uninstall them (if this is possible at all, but may be someone already found a way...). I would update...
  5. hg42

Post Unable to get Titanium Backup to work on Android 10

I couldn't restore a lot of my ~300 user apps, e.g. Zoom, Youtube, Advanced Root Checker, GMail. All these apps are restoring for ever (hanging while restoring). A lot others worked without any problem. The main solution was to disable "Verify over USB" in developer settings. I restored most of...
  6. hg42

I found it on: https://osdn.net/projects/corvusos/storage/x2/ not sure how I got there...I think via the main web site and then choosing x2 somewhere
  7. hg42

FAQ: while installing gapps because of this YES I get a message that gapps already exists, so I conclude: Corvus indeed comes with gapps, so shouldn't the answer be "NO"? btw. when installing additional gapps, I don't get a problem with play store, at least I could install Titanium Backup...
  8. hg42

Post COVID: Need to entertain my kid using the TV camera. Is an upgrade necessary?

you could simply cast your smartphone screen, e.g. using a mirror app or a plain camera app. May be there are also apps that can cast their camera image directly
  9. hg42

Post [recovery-app] Partition scanner (mainly for emmc bricks)

so you need the partition layout of your device? I just had a look, you can indeed only read the partition layout or any low level data from the disk if you have enough permissions. The storage devices are all restricted to the owner alone (no rights for group or other), and the owner is root...
  10. hg42

Post [recovery-app] Partition scanner (mainly for emmc bricks)

as described in the text you quoted, there are three ways to execute the tool: 1. the zip file via recovery similar to an update file 2. via adb (see example session) 3. via terminal The recovery is already running in root mode. adb or terminal need root. That's why you find the line "adb root"...
  11. hg42

Post PIT file method to revive your phone from a MMC_CAP_ERASE brick

> It's been working since yesterday... if you also stressed it, then it shouldn't be a general temperature problem (like cpu cooling) > oven (bettery removed)& heated for 5-10min temperature? solder needs higher temperatures than all the plastics. So either they only put the motherboard into...
  12. hg42

how long does it work? how did you get the idea to put the device into the freezer? Naturally, immediately "cooling" comes to mind, right? Boot up is stressful, heating the device. You may help the device with cooling it down before. You don't stress the device afterwards, so it keeps cool. So...
  13. hg42

so, when did the problem start? very strange... but will not be an emmc brick. I assume another kind of hardware failure. I think it's not software, because rebooting several times without changing anything (!!! really? !!!) with different behaviour should exclude this. But it's not exactly...
  14. hg42

what do mean by "no result"? The test runs and does not stop? Then it's not an emmc bug. with an emmc bug the test will freeze. a note4 will not have an emmc brick like a note1. there are many reasons why a device can freeze, let's say 99.9% of them are software. A very small part may be...
  15. hg42

Post [Q&A] CyanogenMod [User Support]

from looking at these gps apps, I think satellites are detected and cosidered for calculation, but because they are at values near zero for location and strength they are dropped. This process continues all the time.