Recent content by hotcakes_shinku

1. H

Post Question Did i get scammed?

The adapter with the holes in the prongs (those metal parts sticking out of a plug head we call them prongs) is for the American/Canada market. There is more text and markings on the adapter for the American one because it is required by law of multiple countries that use the American plug head...
  2. H

Post Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][pdx215][14] Project Matrixx 10.1.2

thanks. I would suggest you add this to your main post maybe under a section for not planning to add/fix. while a relatively niche use case, it is a feature that came with the original sony android that some people may want to continue using if they are considering transition to custom rom. Then...
  3. H

Post Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][pdx215][14] Project Matrixx 10.1.2

Hi. Does this rom or any other custom rom have support for the "240hz screen refresh rate" in games where it uses black frame insertion. If not supported, is there a way to add it? I use it with my games that can hit 120fps. edit: I am not talking about the 240hz touch sampling rate.
  4. H

Post Question Xperia 1 III and LAPD compile

Can you give the specific name of the app, or the direct link for the app in the play store, or a screenshot of the app in the play store Searching for "hidden camera" in the play store comes up with many generic results and none of them seem to use the ToF sensor, which is what we are looking for.
  5. H

Post Question 61.2.A.0.382 (Android 13) for Xperia™ 1 III

Please help report this directly to Sony. We need more people to report it to Sony so that they know it affects many users and they need to do something about it. Me reporting it by myself, Sony probably thinks I'm some crazed iPhone user and ignore me, multiple times in fact through multiple...
  6. H

Post Question Does anyone know how to turn off that damn ambient display

disable wake screen for notifications probably.
  7. H

Post Question 61.2.A.0.382 (Android 13) for Xperia™ 1 III

It is possible that the Xperia 1 IV has a different fingerprint sensor and/or power button that supports this feature, and the 1 III does not. This is kinda confirmed by the fact that the III series has reports of really buggy fingerprint reader that mostly doesn't happen in the IV series.
  8. H

Post Question Google Search bar got ugly!

I quickly switched back to the Xperia Home launcher to take a look and yes my google search bar is the same as yours now. All generic looking rectangle. I tried changing the way it looks in the google app, I tried clearing cache and data of both the google app and the xperia home app, and nope...
  9. H

Post Accessories 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter

I just googled "MDR-NC750 converter" and i got it in the first 2 search results. maybe you should learn to google. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265467430846 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003724506039.html
  10. H

Post Question selfie camera

I can confirm that the actual pics are not mirrored, only the preview is. I just held up some printed text and took a selfie, the words are reversed in the preview, but are not reversed in the actual picture.
  11. H

Post How To Guide Flashing a Xperia 1 iii without unlocking

For Newflasher did you do: as stated from: https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-newflasher-xperia-command-line-flasher.3619426/ maybe you do not have a flash driver.
  12. H

Post Question Xperia 1 III ToF not supported by ARCore and alternative for 3D scanning?

Your github link already has the answer. It isn't supported because Sony did not implement the Depth API to use their TOF sensor. Simple as they didn't do it. This is the drawback of an "open" operating system. It is up to the OEM/Vendor/Manufacturer to implement features that are not...
  13. H

Post Question Sony Xperia 1 III network problem, and mobile data problem. Android 12, Build number 61.1.A.9.128

I am noticing the same problem, so looks like its a problem with this update. Nothing to do with a particular region or carrier it seems.
  14. H

Post [EOL][ROM][12L][AKARI][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

if you can install magisk and its addons, you can install font addons via magisk too. im not too updated on whats available since i havent used magisk in a while, but google around for them since magisk doesnt have a built in repository anymore i think.
  15. H

Post General Sony MUST Read (Xperia 1 III and GP-VPT2BT)

For those looking to try the Vlog Monitor, I suggest to not do it. I do not have one with me so I can't test it, but from reddit, there is a person trying it out and it is not working for him. I'm guessing that the Vlog Monitor is using UVC or USB video device class to communicate with the...