Recent content by howettl

1. H

Post [Q] Google Latitude replacement?

Unfortunately, no. I simply hand a couple of latitude, longitudes to Google maps and it takes over from there. 1) Web view for computers (or at least an API to be able to do so). I'm trying to turn everything into a chrome extension, so an API would be at least a step. - this is on my to-do...
  2. H

Post [Q] Google Latitude replacement?

I've just released a new app on the Google Play store called Hemisphere. I was disappointed to hear that Google was retiring Latitude so I decided to roll my own app that provides similar functionality. Please check it out and if you like it spread the word! Hemisphere
  3. H

Post [APP] TexTab [Updated: Released to Market!]

I think I just responded to an email from you, but I'll respond here as well for others. I've seen this problem with users of Go SMS. There is a setting in that app called "disable other message notification" which causes exactly this problem. I suspect Handcent has introduced a similar...
  4. H

The lite version is not time limited, but it does only allow a certain number of outgoing messages to be sent before requesting an upgrade to the full version.
  5. H

You need to uncheck "Disable other message notification" in your Go SMS settings. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
  6. H

I've thought about this and would love to do it. Now I just need an iPad and an iPhone... Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
  7. H

Hi Suleeto, it's been a while. If you look back a small amount, you'll see a large post from me describing in detail the reason for the relative lack of updates as well as my current plans. To add to that, TexTab is and has always been a side project. While the support from the community has...
  8. H

You need to uncheck "Disable other message notification " in your Go SMS settings. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
  9. H

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give everyone an update on a few things. It is true that I stopped working on TexTab for several months. I had many things happen in my life in a short period of time, the end result being that I just didn't have time to put into the app. Things have since...
  10. H

To anyone who has experienced the issue where text entered into TexTab does not appear on the screen; I've been researching this and have discovered that this is an Android OS bug and is not limited to TexTab. Here is the report for anyone who is interested...
  11. H

Yes I'm aware of this and actually thought I had fixed it a long time ago but it came up again. It's on the list! This is a known issue. MMS messages are not supported at this time. Highlighting URLs is an obvious oversight on my part! I should be able to add that in fairly easily. Just...
  12. H

I'm assuming you're using GO SMS. They've decided to block notifications of any sort to other apps with their "Disable other message notification" setting. This is actually "against the rules" but there's not much that can be done about it.
  13. H

Thanks for the help. I actually use this class to detect the user's locale, but it doesn't offer anything in the way of discovering proper number format unfortunately.
  14. H

There are in fact plans to bring Wifi support to TexTab. I was working on it a couple of months ago, and was almost ready to do an XDA beta release, but a bunch of other things got in the way and it got pushed down on the priority list. I'm currently at work on another exciting feature for the...
  15. H

This is due to a setting in Go SMS that prevents any other app from having access to new message notifications. In your Go SMS settings, look for a check box labelled "Disable other message notification" and uncheck that. Once that is done you will be able to receive messages on your tablet as...