H
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Device inventory Achievements About

• What I miss about TomTom when using Copilot, Nabigon and the like is the wealth of info in the bar at teh bottom - I can have time, eta, time left, distance to go, speed and speed limit all showing. On copilot i cannot get speed limit. On navigon i could, but not eta and their speed limit data was pathetic.
    I had been suggested Sygic but they told me before Christmas that they do not do a trial of any sort - buy it and you'll love it, they said. I thin i might wait for the 2010 version due in Q1...
    Now I always had a problem with th alarms. If you switched off the psion too soon after setting tehm, the app didn't have time to register it so it didn;t go off! Nearly missed my golf one day.
    I agree that the calendar app was fabulous - a week to a view AND showing hte appointmetns themselves, not just a crappy line indicating the existence of an indeterminate appointment.
    I never got an expansion card - never neded it - but I do have Scrabble on a card! And how disappointing it was, as it was taller than teh screen so always scrolling.
    It's the rock solid calender app with working alarms that was a joy to use on the Psions, is what I miss. I've never found anything as reliable as that "ancient technology"! lol. Incidentally, I can remember buying a 4mb SSD "card" for the Psion 3, and it was £399.99!!! When I got the Psion 5, with a 12mb CF card, I was in awe! Those were the days (and they weren't that long ago!).
    Hi,

I did see a post when you put up a pic of the screens side-by-side, and that hx4700 seemed a monster! Must be great for browsing on that. Funny when I had my 3.5 inch Blueangel and everyone laughed at the size of it, then the phones went down to 2.8 inch. Now they're going back up again...

I haven't tried copilot, and got fed up with tomtom a while ago. I use Sygic Mobile Maps (http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/features.html), and it does me quite well. I'm not a massive satnav user, and at 50 euros it's reasonable.

I'm hoping I can change my ways about stylus use, as I am a dab hand at it, and I will miss it. I have forced myself to use the finger friendly keyboards on the Diamond, as opposed to the old keyboard that needed a stylus, as practice in readiness.

Fingers crossed I get on with it - I've got 7 days to see!

Cheers
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…