Recent content by Iron_Overheat

1. I

Post [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [tissot]

Man oh man would that last bit have saved me a bunch of ROM switching and reinstalling. At least crDroid has signature spoofing for MicroG while vanilla LineageOS doesn't. I still think it's weird you can be geek enough to install a custom rom but not enough to get rid of the spyware called...
  2. I

Post [Firmware] Xiaomi Mi A1 Firmware [Tissot][Oct sec patch]

@Dior DNA Can I flash this on top of a custom ROM (crDroid 7.4) to update firmware? Will it update vendor security patch? If not, how do I update vendor so that it matches the firmware (I know how to unpack system.img and I have the stock rom downloaded already, I am asking which files to flash...
  3. I

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Installing the zip from storage was something I already tried but for some reason Internal Storage is showing as empty in my system (can't even access through MTP, only sdcard...). Even accessing thru root file explorer, /storage/emulated/0/ is empty... But on the settings app, under storage, it...
  4. I

Under Magisk it's "Installed 22.1 (22100) | Ramdisk Yes | A/B Yes | SAR YES" Under App it's "Latest 22.1 (22100) (20) | Installed 22.1 (22100) | Package com.topjohnwu.magisk" It seems to be the same version except the App's Latest has an additional "(20)" over the Installed part.
  5. I

On clean flashed (fully wiped) LineageOS 18.1, Xiaomi Mi A1, v22.1, the app didn't work initially after flashing the apk renamed as .zip (it threw an error message trying to download and install the full app after tapping it in the app drawer). I then manually installed the app by using the...
  6. I

Post [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [tissot]

Hi, great ROM as expected, thank you all devs. Is anyone else having these issues, or know how to solve: - Magisk app v22.1 crashing/quitting before installing modules (I flashed the latest apk after changing extension to .zip, and had to manually install the apk after boot as it wouldn't...
  7. I

Post [ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

I can confirm these issues as well. And random reboots (which I've read can be fixed with formatting sd to FAT32, but I've got too much data on it and nowhere to copy it to). And after a random amount of idle time all pps will freeze upon opening (though quitting them works fine) until a manual...
  8. I

Post [ROM][STABLE][Signature Spoofing/MicroG support] LineageOS 18.1 for S7 Exynos

I'm sorry I spoke of it as if it was a simple thing. I'm just worried about security and bugs. Specially since this kernel is really old by modern standards (even if it's by far not the worst as you clearly mentioned) which skyrockets the chance it's being exploited in the wild (I would assume...
  9. I

Further reason that the kernel should be updated to the latest supported LTS version (4.4.263 as of 28/03). It would be really good to be on a properly maintained kernel with the essential security updates. 3.18 is only maintained unofficially in AOSP, it entered EOL in January 2017. Who knows...
  10. I

Can confirm MicroG is indeed fully working under the new build. Thank you so much Ivan!!
  11. I

@Ivan_Meler I really appreciate your work and I really wish I could support you monetarily (sadly I don't have my own income stream). Is it possible for you to update the ROM's source code with your changes? I'm investigating signature spoofing ROM patches. For building it's just a matter of...
  12. I

Post [KERNEL]ThundeRStormS Kernel[Samsung Galaxy S7 flat/edge][O/P/T/A]

Here to report that this kernel on LineageOS 18.1 (R v4.4) is broken. SELinux is stuck in "disabled" (can't change it in any way, tried everything), which I'm pretty sure is what's blocking MicroG from working, and MTP is borked and can't access the filesystem. Tried clean wiping and trying...
  13. I

Post Signature Spoofing on unsuported Android 11 (R) Roms

Hi, thanks for sharing your findings!! I followed all the steps except for stupidly flashing nanodroid through Magisk once before flashing the proper files, and MicroG reports signature spoofing is supported, and that the permission is granted, however the "System spoofs signature" box is not...
  14. I

Thank you Ivan for the awesome mod!! Here to report that yes, at full volume callers can hear their own voice (call echo issue), so this issue is still not fixed. For anyone interested in MicroG, check out this reddit thread for a tutorial, got signature spoofing to work (though I am still...