• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by jabashque

1. jabashque

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Well, yeah, the prebuilt kernel in that twrp.img doesn't contain the changes to work on R fw without entering crashdump mode. It's less hassle to just follow what the wiki says for updating vendor + fw: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/fajita/fw_update
  2. jabashque

Not quite sure what you're facing... I have not encountered any of these issues at all on my own self-builds. (I did run a `mka installclean` just in case before building, since the entire set of proprietary blobs was changed.)
  3. jabashque

As @Eric_Lev mentioned, update to the newest build first before updating to Android 11 vendor + fw. Without the kernel changes from the newest build, your phone will end up booting into crashdump mode on Android 11 fw, whether you try booting android or recovery. I'd suppose if you already did...
  4. jabashque

No, not entirely. The changes to the device tree and kernel still keep compatibility with Q vendor+fw, but you'll lose ANT+ and DASH charging support. However, once lineage-19.x comes about, support for Q vendor+fw will be dropped. EDIT: that being said, I converted my fajita to intl from tmo...
  5. jabashque

No, that's completely wrong. The existence of fastbootd is not because Lineage broke abl's ability to accept fastboot commands--it's because of this: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/dynamic_partitions And since abl (bootloader) won't be able to detect the partitions within said...
  6. jabashque

Go to Settings -> Connected Devices -> that little cog wheel next to your Bluetooth device, and then turn off HD audio. SBC HD is being turned on by default in this week's fajita build, but not all Bluetooth devices can handle it. If the BT device doesn't work well with it, the audio will end up...
  7. jabashque

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][10] LineageOS 17.1

I have it working on my dad's fiancée's car (Mazda2, using MZD AIO Tweaks implementation of Android Auto). Don't have any other cars to test with though.
  8. jabashque

Post help with wont work with carrier, (yes its unlocked)

Just double-checking, did you already call MetroPCS about transferring her line to a new phone? (since I know they still whitelist one IMEI at a time for each line and require you to call in to change which IMEI your line is associated with, even though there's no technical reason for them to...
  9. jabashque

would you happen to be using magisk, xposed, etc.? Will ask you to try core-only mode for Magisk if you have that installed.
  10. jabashque

Just to check, is this happening to both of you on the 20200430 build?
  11. jabashque

Post [ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nextbit Robin (ether)

Well, IMS doesn't work at all on 16.0, so you don't even get VoLTE as a result. IMS works partially on 15.1 and at least allows VoLTE, but not wifi calling. As for a custom rom with wifi calling support, I'm afraid you'll have to stick with Nougat for that.
  12. jabashque

I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in any place other than javelinanddart's old Hangouts group.
  13. jabashque

Last I recall, whatever IMS-related blobs that were being used for 15.1 only supported VoLTE, not wifi calling. javelinanddart couldn't get wifi calling to work at the end.
  14. jabashque

Post Essential Phone lock-out after factory reset

I was able to bypass FRP on a used Essential Phone I got from eBay, which was running PPR1.180610.091 (August 2018 Pie release, the first one ever). Most instructions seem to involve using TalkBack or GBoard input settings to navigate to the online Help & Support activity, then searching for a...
  15. jabashque

Post LineageOS 16.0 appears to be live for the Essential Phone. Anybody try it yet?

A fix for this has been merged and will be present in the 08/04 nightly.