Recent content by jacknorris

1. J

Post [MOD] USB Audio Support

Bad news on the volume control side of things. It can't be patched at runtime on the N7 as the volume control has been locked in the audio HAL. It can be patched by replacing a file but this is not universal. It would only work on the N7 and any devices that share the same HAL however. It may...
  2. J

I'll submit the required patches to CM at the weekend (I promise :p) that should at least get things going for CM based ROMs. I am also hoping to release something based on the Xposed framework for people who either don't have a CM based ROM or don't want to change/update. Using Xposed should...
  3. J

Still on with this, I have just been really busy unfortunately! I will post something soon.
  4. J

Just a quick update to let you guys know that I will be posting a new simpler patch method soon which will also include the option to enable volume control. I'm hoping to finish things off tonight/tomorrow.
  5. J

Of course :) There are a few issues with the patching process at the moment. It will not be reliable across devices so I am reworking a few things.
  6. J

Yes I did :good:. Will post the updated patch in the morning. Odd! I've probably been lazy and "assumed" something about the device. I'll take a look at that. When does it freeze and does the device work again with having to reflash ?
  7. J

The source has been in the OP since release :) I plan to submit the patches soon but I want to be sure that everything is working as intended across most devices. The reason the audio works when plugging in the DAC before boot is that the kernel module for USB audio is loaded before any of the...
  8. J

Excellent news :). 4.2 changes the way volume control is locked so the current patch won't work. I never really looked into it again after that but I'll have another look tomorrow for you.
  9. J

I could compile it with support for a lower version of .NET when if that helps?
  10. J

Apologies for my absence. There appears to have been a lot of posts since I last visited the thread so catching up will take some time. I am looking into the headphone switching issues at the moment, if anyone can summarise the issues for me that would be great as I'll probably miss a few...
  11. J

Hi Nosferatu If you want me to look into this for you let me know, I will need your assistance with testing. I am also going to look into the headphone issues that some of you have reported.
  12. J

Almost sounds like an incompatible DAC ? Apologies if you have already answered this but does the DAC work when plugged in before booting with a totally stock ROM with a USB audio kernel?
  13. J

For those of you still having issues getting the patch to work on the Nexus 7 (Nosferatu?) can you please try the following CM-10.1 build? It contains a pre-patched kernel and an updated hot plugging patch, so there is no need to manually patch this after you have flashed it to your device...
  14. J

No problems with that at all. :) Though the code is essentially the same, are you sure you are not experiencing freezes after disconnecting the DAC? Particularly when attempting to adjust volume just after the DAC is removed? It doesn't happen that often but 3 times out of 10 the main thread...
  15. J

I am not sure yet, I think I have found the issue but it is going to require more time unfortunately :( That's the plan ;) However it appears to be unstable in certain conditions at the moment. As soon as I iron out the major bugs I will submit the patch.