Recent content by jackohound

1. J

Post [Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

ATOTO A6 uses an SoC with an ARM-based CPU (MTK 8127A) whereas the S8 uses an SoC with X86-based CPU (Spreadtrum SC9853i). Because the CPUs use different instruction sets, porting ROMs from one to the other is not going to be feasible.
  2. J

Post How to use steering wheel controls with the Atoto A6 Pro.

I did some searching and yes, it seems that everyone who is installing aftermarket radio into 2011 Malibu needs some kind of SWC module. Seems like this is neeed not only for the SWC (which is non-resistive) but also to retain the sounds for warning chimes and the click sounds for the...
  3. J

Post [Review] ATOTO A6 Install in Subaru WRX

Interested to hear how this works out. I bought the black and silver glossy JDM bezel which is $75 USD, but still crazy expensive for a piece of plastic. It does look and fit great though.
  4. J

Post [Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

That should change the color of the backlight for the physical buttons across the bottom of the ATOTO front panel. I have mine set to red, and my buttons are lit up red.
  5. J

If your STI has the 3-wire SWC and if you connected the common write to chassis ground, then the two remaining Subaru harness wires should be connected to ATOTO Steering Wheel wires: Key(+) and Key#(+). It should not matter which Subaru wire goes to which ATOTO wire. So if it's not working...
  6. J

Yes, 2010 Toyota Corolla model S has steering wheel controls that are resistance, so this should work. The Corolla wiring diagrams here might help with connecting to ATOTO.
  7. J

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Love the diagram. I actually purchased a second Liislee last month just so i could experiment with bracket ideas without disturbing the camera on the vehicle. If I get up enough motivation to work on it, I'll do something similar. What gauge of steel did you use?
  8. J

Post Help Dasaita Steering wheel control Subaru STI 2011

That's disappointing that they are not providing good customer support, other than telling you that it should just work. I would definitely continue to push them to make things right with whatever leverage you have. I see the DYX029 harness is only like $9, so you would think they could at...
  9. J

Yes, I agree since the Dasaita was plug-n-play, there's really no way you could have messed up the connections. Since it's not working, i'd say it's definitely a Dasaita problem -- either their SW or their HW or their harness isn't really plug-n-play for Subaru with Nav. I'd push on Dasaita...
  10. J

I dont have any experience with Dasaita Head units; I only have experience with ATOTO. That said, I did install an ATOTO Head Unit into 2011 WRX with factory-installed Nav similar to yours. I have the same buttons on my steering wheel as you do. I was able to get the SWC working with ATOTO...
  11. J

The Subaru wiring diagrams for Model Year 2008 dont have any information on steering wheel controls which makes me uncertain if this was an option, and based on 2008 service manuals, I'm also not seeing Navigation being an option. So I'm unsure about the wiring of your 2008 Forrester. For...
  12. J

My 2011 Subaru WRX had only 3 RCA inputs (Left Audio, Right Audio, and NTSC Video) in the center console. Although those signals are available on the factory harness, and I could have easily connected them to the ATOTO, I really had no motivation do to that because: The RCA inputs have become...
  13. J

I'm still happy with the Liislee backup camera. It has worked reliably with no issues. I never got around to adjusting the angle, and while the angle is not ideal, it works well enough, and looks great. I've attached a few pictures of the completed install. BTW, notice that I have enabled...
  14. J

BTW, ATOTO also has an accessory that you might consider: http://www.myatoto.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=55&id=29
  15. J

Attached is a wiring diagram of how SWC is implemented on Subaru. Here is a thread that lists the actual resistance values used in some Subaru SWC models. The ATOTO inputs (both the Steering Wheel Key + and Steering Wheel Key# +) expect that they will be connected to ground through a simple...