Recent content by ͘Jan

1. ͘

Post [Q] Nexus One Gingerbread 2.3.3 HOW TO ROOT?

You mean Amon_RA doesn't stay as recovery image permanently after it is flashed to the recovery partition?
  2. ͘

Well, the OTA got away after a while, and now system updates shows up to date. I wonder that when a minor OTA update comes out, it might change the permissions of su(just like the update to froyo did). So we may have to repeat the same thing then. I backed up my recovery image with dd(you...
  3. ͘

Thanks, that worked. Almost thought it was rebooting by itself. So now I have a rooted gingerbread, although now my OTA update still sits there in the taskbar. I had to download and push flash_image because my Froyo didn't had it. I think that fastboot flash might have worked too.
  4. ͘

I thought it involved custom recoveries and roms, that might erase some data, text messages, application setting/accountdata . After updating the other N1 through OTA the su command lost it's 4755 permission(sticky bit?), so can you link to the post to upgrade a rooted froyo to upgrade while...
  5. ͘

I was waiting until gingerbreak comes out, I thought the dev just waited until more devices had gingerbread on it. We already upgraded my brother's N1 to Gingerbread, but I'm keeping mine on Froyo until the Gingerbreak that roots the phone without unlocking bootloader or messing around with...
  6. ͘

So gingerbreak isn't coming out any time soon?
  7. ͘

Post Dock Pinout

Doesn't it depends if you need bluetooth? If you don't need it there might be another way. The first byte is the dockid(docktype) byte: if we make sure the first bit is one for dock_mains and the last bit is probabbly if it's a car or desktop dock.(but might be flipped if it is big endian), So...