Recent content by <JohnCarter>

1. <JohnCarter>

Post [TUTORIAL] How to create and install android bootanimations from scratch

That happens if the android system cannot either find the bootanimation.zip on its designated place, or if the zip hasn't been compressed properly. The 'android' text is essentially the default bootanimation that the android os contains.
  2. <JohnCarter>

QMG files are created by Samsung Theme Designer application. You can follow the instruction to create and port zip into QMG here
  3. <JohnCarter>

well the problem usually lies in the method of compression used during creation of zips. if you use anything other than store mode, you are more than likely to encounter problems. android basically just loads the the pngs from the zip loaded, and plays them in sequence as directed by the...
  4. <JohnCarter>

Post [21ST NOV] MIUI v4 for HTC EXPLORER/PICO REVISED EDITION [FASTEST & SMOOTHEST ROM]

the problem is with Gapps, just flash gapps from any working ICS rom and it should work
  5. <JohnCarter>

Thread [Completed] Boot an Old Smartphone for Repurposing

I have a 2011 smartphone that was lying around in my house, so I thought to repurpose it. The problem here is that the phone has not been switched on, for more than a period of one year. And it is not turning on or giving any vibration feedback on connecting with the power supply with/without...
  6. <JohnCarter>

reduce fps (frames per second)- it essentially says the no. of pics displayed per second, refer to the first post for instructions
  7. <JohnCarter>

Okay the problem seems to be that you have named all the image files in part1 for 23 or something you need to rename them and start from 0 or from 1 exactly like you did for the part0 folder
  8. <JohnCarter>

Which version of android are you trying to make it for ?
  9. <JohnCarter>

Post [21ST NOV] MIUI v4 for HTC EXPLORER/PICO REVISED EDITION [FASTEST & SMOOTHEST ROM]

If you you M2SD then when you'll remove SD card then it will freeze ... about the other thing i've never experienced such a thing, are you using a custom kernel ?
  10. <JohnCarter>

Its better to change the images, but changing in the desc also works for some.(well it worked for me :rolleyes:)
  11. <JohnCarter>

This usually happens due to problems in updater-script. You can try to flash by disabling the check for md5 sum before flashing
  12. <JohnCarter>

Your welcome, :cowboy: Its in the compression method part of add to archive... i've attached screenshots
  13. <JohnCarter>

which archive manager are you using ?
  14. <JohnCarter>

Post Data Bug on 5.0.2

I had a similar problem, i had to set proxy settings to non in apn settings... goto-settings>more(in wireless and networks )>mobile networks>access point names>click the selected the access point remove anything written in proxy part. This might work