• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by jonmorris

1. J

Post Dual Sim in UK

I was told on the Huawei press trip that it was just Three doing the dual SIM model in the UK, but subsequently discovered EE was selling it too. I hadn't considered that it could be software locked, so that is a possibility. I do recall that there are ways to unlock the restriction, but don't...
  2. J

Thread Huawei P30 Pro camera samples

Think there needs to be a thread for photos taken on the P30 Pro, given how the key feature of this phone is the camera(s). I've also created a Google Photos gallery that people can share photos on (and video). It's non-commercial, and anyone that posts a photo obviously retains their own...
  3. J

Post Dual Sim in UK

EE and Three will be selling the dual SIM model in the UK.
  4. J

Post Honor 9 UK Oreo OTA

I'm on C432B183 and am getting nothing. Firmware Finder is always saying that any new OTA update is not approved for the device...
  5. J

Post About camera?

I'm sure they could (no technical reason why not) but Huawei may choose not to, holding it back for the next Mate and likely a cut down version for the next Honor flagship.
  6. J

Post Does the P20 Pro have a notification LED?

No. And it also has the P10/Mate 10 Pro screen protector fitted, which is pretty horrible! I am tempted to remove it as I did on the Mate 10 Pro.
  7. J

Yes, on by default. Haven't compared directly with my Mate 10 Pro but I do think it's louder and punchier.
  8. J

Netflix 5.16.0 (code 26728) ---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ---------- In portrait mode it's okay. Switch to landscape and it's much better. Also seems to boost the bass when the volume goes over a certain level.
  9. J

Post About camera?

Sorry I keep linking to the exact same gallery but I've just spent a day in Scotland and think I got some nice shots - including zoomed photos. A mix of monochrome (suited the grey, wet day) and standard photo mode with AI assist. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qU1EUEeVoPd12WUj2
  10. J

YouTube needs the sideloaded app, but Netflix works with HDR (it doesn't on the Mate 10 Pro). ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ---------- Yes, it shows as Level 1.
  11. J

Post About camera?

I don't have a Pixel 2 at the moment. I do have a Pixel 1 XL which has pretty much the same camera app/algorithms. Doing side by side tests will follow, but for now I'm just enjoying the phone on its own - using Easter to travel around and take some photos.
  12. J

Post About camera?

Think back to the PureView tech. On that I believe the camera produced a 5 or 8MP image. In most cases that's the mode you used, even though you could go for the full-sized image. That often had a lot more noise, as the whole point of the 40MP is to use the data from 4 pixels to produce a...
  13. J

Post Does this phone have a sd slot for expandable storage?

As stated, 100% it does not. The SIM tray is equal to that of the Mate 10 Pro (they're essentially the same hardware platform - I'm sure the SIM slot lines up perfectly) and has two nano slots in it - nothing more.
  14. J

Post About camera?

Camera samples from the devices at the launch.
  15. J

Post Photo quality

I think I posted this before, but since then there have been a lot of new photos added - perhaps even from some other Xda members. Some great shots here - and some recent ones of Christmas lights that (in my biased opinion) look great! https://photos.app.goo.gl/pMDxptOy0Kiks4aA3