Recent content by jonpry

1. jonpry

Post AOSP [7.1.2_r33]Nougat for Nexus 5 [NZH54D] [25/10/2017]

SE Linux I talked to PHH about the problems I was having with magisk under this ROM. Apparently the trouble is that SE Linux is always in permissive mode, ie SE Linux is off by default. When magisk is used to turn SE Linux on, then camera and some part of RIL stop working because of some other...
  2. jonpry

Turning SE linux off seems to fix the camera. Definitely seems to be a problem with the policy in PHH superuser. We probably need a custom build of superuser for Nougat on hammerhead.
  3. jonpry

Installed yesterday, everything seemed 100% and then this morning camera doesn't work at all. Camera error-can't connect to the camera kind of thing. Tried bunch of different apps to no avail. Only thing I can think of that may have caused it was installation of Magisk and PHH superuser. Anyone...
  4. jonpry

Post [FAQ] Asus T100: Installing custom OS (android/ubuntu/*nix/Windows 7/Windows 8 x64)

Hmm thats not good. I ran debsums hundred times or so and wasn't able to find any more errors. I'm using Debian Jessie. There is no reasonable installer for this and I have been setting stuff up pretty manually with debootstrap and manual grub.cfg. At some point in this thread I linked to a...
  5. jonpry

Post [FAQ] Asus T100: Installing custom OS (android/ubuntu/*nix/Windows 7/Windows 8 x64)

I haven't had any problem with sound. The firmware file is different on 3.17. Need the latest one from linux-firmware.git. Name has changed and the files themselves seem to be substantially different. I used the asound.state from jwfhome.com and had no problems. At some point I noticed bad sound...
  6. jonpry

one of these probably loads the others but i dunno which one. all automatic here. sound/soc/intel/snd-soc-sst-acpi.ko sound/soc/intel/snd-soc-sst-baytrail-pcm.ko sound/soc/intel/snd-soc-sst-byt-rt5640-mach.ko sound/soc/intel/snd-soc-sst-dsp.ko check dmesg for errors
  7. jonpry

Sdcard reader isn't tested. Probably won't work. Wifi should work. Make sure your firmware has been copied into /lib/firmware/3.17.0/brcm/ Don't use any of the "modded" nvram files. That stuff is a crock. Get yours from efi vars or one of the non modded ones available. Similar thing is going...
  8. jonpry

There is also new patch with backlight poweroff/on. This is almost more useful than the adjustment. Edit: Even newer patch that fixes eMMC corruption. eMMC now 100% imho. could be a little faster/lower power and done with better code, but at least it works 100%
  9. jonpry

Your probably not on the right branch or tag of the git. Try git checkout v3.17
  10. jonpry

It seems something is wrong with your vanilla source. Maybe it is not 3.17? Your first error is: patching file drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h Hunk #1 succeeded at 1691 (offset 67 lines) The first patch hunk is: +++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h @@ -1624,6 +1624,9 @@ struct...
  11. jonpry

No ideas off hand. Maybe post the output of patch? Your command looks good and I know at least one other person managed to apply the set. To make it i downloaded a clean tarball from kernel.org, ran git commit, copy my local source tree, git add ....., git dif --cached, so i dunno why it would...
  12. jonpry

Iconia8 source I started messing with 3.17 kernel to see if anything works better. Had lots of trouble getting my kconfig correct of all things, but looks like some positive progress. 3.17 combined with some code i ripped from iconia8 gives me 100% good wifi and also the eMMC is working much...
  13. jonpry

Some things are portable and most of these changes are hitting mainline. One T100 we need support for ACPI aml not in the kernel yet and some dirty hacks are being used. This stuff is not good on any other machine so patches aren't going anywhere. The big thing we are missing now is runtime PM...
  14. jonpry

Sorry but it is pretty much a T100 only kernel.
  15. jonpry

I uploaded disk image. This is Debian Jessie with rc4 kernel. Just decompress and dd the thing to a usb flash or disk. I think root should be mounted async for flash but haven't figured out how to do it. Root password is foo, let me know of your experience with the wifi. I think it works pretty...