Recent content by jpatt

1. jpatt

Post Ares8 5.1 rom from i708Q

Vampirefo you brilliant SOB, 5.1.1 is a million times better than 5.0.1. Thank you x 100. Darkensx, I tried forcing x86 from Jide and screwed up my bootloaded. Needed reset from factory after that. If I were to do it over, and I'm not, I would try the X86 Remix fork from Mad Catz M.OJ.O...
  2. jpatt

Post Root Nextbook Ares 8, TWRP Recovery, Disable encryption

Not that anybody might care but I tried installing Remix 2.0 rom by MOJO. It requires TWRP 2.8.2.0, can't use newer version apparently. I flashed old TRWP over the newer one and it all went to crap from there. She's a nolonger a bootin'. Power on goes directly to recovery. Except recovery is...
  3. jpatt

Post Root Nextbook Ares 8, TWRP Recovery, Disable encryption

Just wanted to say thank you, I love my rooted Ares8. The conversation these last few pages, are you considering releasing 5.1.1. Rom? I like to experiment and I plan on installing Remix OS to the Ares shortly. I"ll let you know the results.
  4. jpatt

Post Wake locks getting worse, anyone else?

Yes, I've noticed auto wake issues. I expect 5.1.1 to address the problem.
  5. jpatt

Post Cannot reply to text message directly?

I can't understand why that would be. I can suggest turning your data connection on while texting. I have issues receiving images and sending images via text without data enabled.
  6. jpatt

Post Note 4 5.1.1 update

Only from Sprint. Verizon will surely be the last to update.
  7. jpatt

Thread Disable Screen Wake

A quick search turns up the same question for different devices. Most the answers dealt with rooted devices, mine is not. The screen will fire up on its own, randomly. I do have Greenify and grant certain apps to close once the screen is off. That doesn't appear to be my issue. No apps are...
  8. jpatt

Post [Q] How did your case perform when you dropped your phone?

Incipio case, flung outta my hand (end over end summersalt through the air) from 3 feet onto concrete. Solid all around. A+++
  9. jpatt

Thread How many times will I receive the default application message?

I mean to clarify, how many times will I receive the default application message for my often repeated selection? I select youtube and 'always', the message appears that I can change it in my settings if I need to. I am at a different website, I choose a video. Hey, here's that crafty default...
  10. jpatt

Post [Completed] [Q] XDA app does not have 'new thread' or 'reply' capabilities

So I see reply function and three dots when I long press a thread. Still no option to add a new thread. Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
  11. jpatt

Thread [Q] S-note format issues

Hi y'all. I upgraded from Note 2 to Note 4. Loving it. The S-note app has changed significantly. I am still adjusting because I am a heavy user. Whenever I create a new note, all digits added are hyperlinked so that they are underlined. When I select a digit for edit, it opens my dialer. I am...
  12. jpatt

Thread [Completed] [Q] XDA app does not have 'new thread' or 'reply' capabilities

I just upgraded from Note 2 to Note 4. I don't have the ability to create posts. What am I missing
  13. jpatt

Post [OFFICIAL OFF-TOPIC LOUNGE] Talk about (most) anything

Give Airdroid a try Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
  14. jpatt

Post Disabling spell check?

I think you need to disable predictive text. That would be under settings>input and language>[your keyboard] Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app
  15. jpatt

Post [INDEX] Xposed Modules Collection | Post Modules' Requests Here!

Request: 24 hour 12 hour dual clock Request: 24 hour 12 hour dual clock My wife in the medical field and I am in the trucking business, we both use military time. Many people we communicate with give us appointments based on 12 hour times. Both of us need to refigure times by manually...