Recent content by jptiger

1. jptiger

Post New Nook Glow Light 4

"Barnes & Noble chief James Daunt said the company planned to "reinvigorate" the Nook line in the months and years ahead — this may just be one of the opening salvos."- Engadget Will be curious to see what they mean by that...
  2. jptiger

Post NST sleep but retain last screen image

Has anyone tried this with FW 1.2.2 yet?
  3. jptiger

Post Turn your old NST into an electric sign

This electric sign app is really close to something I'm looking for. What I'd like to do is, instead of a screenshot of a URI, to take a screenshot of what I've got open in the device. I'd like to use this with Google Calendar, and Opera Mini surprisingly seems to work with the HTML version. I...
  4. jptiger

Post Has the Nook had its last gasp?

What are the odds of getting xda to start a forum for the device (or at least the Boox family)? I've never investigated the process.
  5. jptiger

I think you’re expecting a level of logic and internal consistency that is unrealistic for ADE. 😝The solution I described and as linked works permanently, and there doesn’t seem to be any way that it would change the shortcut (not to mention the fact theat the behavior persisted even if the...
  6. jptiger

To be more literal about it, here’s exactly what you see: 1. Double click desktop icon or otherwise launch ADE 4.5 2. Icon appears on taskbar, nothing else is visible. If you hover over the icon you see a preview of what appears to be a blank, white square window. 3. If you double-click on the...
  7. jptiger

Success! Got Overdrive epubs via ADE 3.0 working. Honestly I have no idea what was different. I retraced my steps in deauthorizing and deleting things and tried again with ADE 3.0 and now it works. 4.5 still does not work, but I don't particularly care. Probably I just missed something hidden...
  8. jptiger

Oh right! I'd forgotten to try that. Unfortunately I'm also hitting the same roadblock there. I probably didn't even describe it above because I figured it was from the 1.1.0 software: I downloaded and installed the Amazon app and tried signing in. It rejected my sign-in, as expected, but...
  9. jptiger

Thank you both again for your detailed help and directions! I've followed them all and I've landed... much in the same place as before. Only now with 1.2.2 software, so that's something. I did manage to get ADE 4.5 running on my laptop again, so if you want to test anything more, I can. If...
  10. jptiger

Okay, so I've factory reset and restored stuff. Things generally look promising but I'm hitting a couple walls again. @Renate NST I'm afraid I can't continue to help bug hunting with ADE 4.5 - for some reason it now refuses to launch properly on my PC even after uninstalling and reinstalling...
  11. jptiger

Post [Root] NookManager - graphical rooter for 1.2.x and beyond

It's possible? I was able to grab the correct one from the app collection linked in your signature and it installed fine now.
  12. jptiger

Thank you both for spending so much time helping and investigating this! The way you described with the bottom two buttons actually worked just fine as a full factory reset. It then couldn't connect to B&N servers to register, but I could connect it to the PC and load the firmware update zip...
  13. jptiger

Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding properly- when I tried transferring a Overdrive book, I'd assume that would be adding a DRM book to the device. I've tried that a couple times and it doesn't seem to work. Is there a different kind of DRM book you have in mind, and if so, where might I get one...
  14. jptiger

Post [NST/G] Updating NookManager for FW 1.2.2

Fair enough. In that case, I don't want to sink too much time into this, but I'm attaching a version with the 1.2.2 updated scripts, jar files, and a few added apps: ES File Explorer, resigned Opera Mobile, Relaunch (I know, I know), and Button Savior. I used Win32DiskImager 1.0 with the Read...
  15. jptiger

Not critical since I was able to find a workaround, but any idea where I can find the code for the n button? Forum search seems to be busted and googling any of the exisiting ids "019c site:xda-developers.com" is only returning this thread as a hit...